Chapter 19: Trade

"Sorry about you almost drowning....." I muttered to a slow breathing Venus.

"It's fine." She said attempting to put her hand up.

"I have to go soon, Airias is waiting for me with our family."

"What?" She sat up giving me a chance to see her better. Her hair was in her usual soft afro and she looked paler. Her eyelashes weren't clumped together. She looked concerned. I put my head on the bed in a tired matter.

"I know I should have waited but... She threatened the hostages and I just couldn't stand it." Venus looked down and took a deep breath. She started to close her eyes and she grunted. "You can come when they discharge you."

"They won't until I can stop my cold shivers." she started coughing. She took another deep breath and raised her eyebrow. I looked at the area between her legs. A toddler sized Venus sat infront of her with with her hands between her legs. The bigger Venus started to ruffle her hair. "She's just as strong as I am, if not more.... She's much faster." She started drifting off tiredly.

I picked up the child sized Venus. She wrapped her arms softly around my neck. Venus laid back down and gave one last sigh. "I'll be there in an hour or two. Don't die......"

"No promises."
--------

I landed with the baby Venus and set her down. There was already a crowd around Alena's building. The windows were broken and Airias had a spot light on her. Thanks news crew.

"Hi Zach!!" She dropped down. Her skin was red and her eyes were yellow without pupils. She had small spikes coming out of her skin. Her hair was white with pink roots. "This is what happens when you take my disguise...... Welcome to the real Airias."

I opened the bag and pulled out the crystals. Well the remaining one "Where is the gray one?"

"A human touched it on accident..."

"Then you get one less person." She looked down at baby Venus. "Venus is still injured? I liked teasing her better."

"About?" I asked putting the crystals back in the bag. Little Venus hit her face in her hands embarrassed.

"How I took everything from her, how I manipulated everyone, how I even dated you and caused you to turn on her. She's mostly mad about me kissing and tricking you."

"Don't make me relive that regret. We just want the people back...."

"To be perfectly honest. I think she is more of a threat than you. She's unlocked a lot more of the crystal's power and is willing to do more. She's like a vigilante you are more of the Boy Scout who tags along." She laughed.

"Shut the hell up.... and lets finish this."

"Feisty, I always liked that about you." She blew a kiss.

I growled and threw her the bag of stones. She looked inside and smiled. "Here...." She threw me a red ball. "Pop it and they all will come out"

I popped it and as she promised the hostages poured out...... "Astrid....." I glared.

"I needed to keep one. Until you drain that last one she's mine..."

"Give her to me." Why the hell does everyone want to hurt Astrid?

"What are you going to do? Ki-"

I shot a blast towards her which caused her to stumble. She now had a dark black mark
that was smoking. "Last warning. Give my sister back."

"I need the gray stone, and since you are here give me your stone as well."

Little clone split into 7 and started her sonic scream causing Airias to cover her ears. She opened her eyes wide and started shooting lasers from them. I quickly dropped to the floor in surprise. The 8 of us began to scatter hitting her every which way we can.