Chapter 20: Hospital Bed

I immediately woke up in a hospital. I took a few deep breaths trying to remember what happened. I paged a nurse several times. One rushed in frantic and angry. "What what?"

"Look im awake. I need to go." I said looking for my costume. I have to go how and see how everyone is, Astrid was hurt pretty badly.

"We have to check on your symptoms."

"Hurry then."

"That would take a few hours maybe? There are actual people hurt in other wards and we are short on staff."

"Can't you do it?" My eyes met hers in a scowl. "I need to find my family."

"You can do that later. You literally suffered mild brain damage due to suffocation, you have a sprained arm, your legs are just bruised all ove-"

"Hey Zach, you are finally awake" a woman laughed. She came in with a green Loli pop

"Who are you?" I furrowed my brows

"It's Irene. Yeah the crystal didn't last as long as yours did. Eneas said it was because my body was a bit more mature than when you were 13." She smiled tying up her black hair.

"What up with your crystal? Are you ok from it?" I asked.

She coughed. "I'm unstable right now. I literally woke up yesterday and got this great ass suit from Venus. She's really good at it."

"Unstable?"

"I have the power to control the Earth right? And unstable means, earthquakes, volcanoes, sinkholes stuff like that. So if I try anything, I could possibly put the city in more danger than the monster. She sighed.

"Monster? Where is Venus?"

"She's been keeping the sludge monster at Bay for the past 3 days, but I'm afraid she's getting tired."

"I thought Airias was dead."

"Venus was talking about how the monster and Airias were telepathically connected, after she died the monster lost control."

"Eneas? My family?"

"Eneas is on the space ship, and your family is evacuated from Astmeld like everyone else, the only people in the actual city is the US military and Venus."

"Military?"

"Stop asking questions dammit." Irene glared at me. "Hurry up and prove you are alright so you can help her."

"Is Astmeld in ruins?" I asked.

"A few of the tall towers are now medium sized. But Venus has been doing an excellent job at damage control."

-----------------

The doctors haven't even considered the idea of letting me out yet. They even strapped me down to the hospital bed so I wouldn't sneak out. I kept thrashing around eyeing my costume sitting on the chair. The door opened and Astrid stood with her arms folded. Her under eye was black and her arms were super battered.

"Jesus." I blurted.

She laughed. "Sister of a super hero has its consequences."

"I'm so sorry."

"It isn't.... Your fault." She sounded unsure. "Why are you strapped down?"

I gave her a blank stare. "Please help me out."

She muttered under her breath while walking over. "You owe me big time."

"I always do." I smiled. She finally finished unstrapping me.