Chapter 6: Late Night Kisses

I struggled to find a reason for Alena not to be Clone. It has been bothering me since I found out. There's no way a hero would just out themselves like that. I chose not to super hero tonight. I don't even know why I bother. Clone can be in several places at once.....

"Why should I even waste my time?" I pulled out snacks from my drawer and turned on the TV.

I sighed and peered at my suit in a crumpled heap on the ground. I switched to the news to see if there is more info on Richie.

I heard a loud knock at my window and turned to open it. I stared at Clone. She lifted her mask and her tan skin showed a sly smile. I turned on my light and the outfit wasn't the same as before.

"Hey Zach." She slipped. She wore red lipstick and was moving quietly. Why wear make up under a mask?

"Aren't you supposed to be helping Astmeld? You could take care of it on your own. Why are you here and not out there?"

"I missed you." She came in and kissed me.

I pushed her away gently and got off my bed. "Go help the city. I'm be there in a minute." I whispered.

"No I think you'll be here for a good hour."
She said laying on the bed and swinging her feet.

I turned and looked at her with confusion and frustration. "What? You haven't seen a girl want you this bad before?" She smiled touching the pillow.

"Oh I have. She just shouldn't be in my house this late at night."

She pulled me towards her and wrapped her legs around me. I panicked. My family is home. I can't be doing this in here. My dad is about to drive us to the other side of the city.

She kissed me again. I heard beeping and Alena rolled her eyes. She flipped me over and sat on me.

She began to whisper some dirty things she'd do to me if she had more time.

"Alena we aren't even- I just-" I flustered my words. I didn't know how I should feel about this. I barley know Alena. Why is she attracted to me?

She kissed me more and reached up my shirt. I pulled her hands out and jumped away. "Thats enough!! When I get back you better be gone!" I snapped closing the door behind me.

Astrid glared at me from her room. "Who is in-"

I shut her door and managed to lock it as it was closing. I eyed her and walked to the kitchen. "Nobody." I pulled a water bottle out of my fridge. I went back upstairs and looked at my door knob. I took a deep breath and opened it. I found my costume on my bed with a note next to it.

"Next time I come over don't be so shy. Come out and play while the night is still young. - Love, Clone"

I rolled my eyes and texted Alena.

"Alena I'm not leaving my house. I have better things to do." It took her a while but she finally answered.

"You could have been doing me. But you turned me down."

I managed to slip out yet another groan. "You were completely out of line and in my space. You need to be protecting the city."

"Zach, why won't you let me love you properly. I'm a good super hero. Good in school. Good in bed."

"Lemme stop you there. I barley know you. You are all over memu. It's not ok."

"I apologize. I never meant to make you feel weird. I've been known to be assertive. I can stop if you want me to. You can learn more about me and me to you 😊"

"Yeah I'd like that better than anything."

"You know we were supposed to go to the school and investigate." She said sitting by the tree and smiling down.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry" I sighed. "Everything today has me worked up."

"Or you just didn't want to go out." Her face still was perky.

"I didn't want to go out today. I wanted to ask you about my part in all of this. Do you really need me?"

She grabbed my face and smiled lovingly. "I will always need you. We need to work together. Since you are much stronger than me, I may send you to do more things."

I smiled back at her. "Alright Alena." I said looking down at her costume. I touched it and it was a different texture then when I pulled her down the first night I met Clone.

"I have different costumes depending on weather." She put my face to look at hers. "Listen I really like you. But you need to trust me." She got a little closer. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes Alena."

"Then trust who I am. Don't let anyone change your mind. People always want me dead."

"I trust you Alena." I said with a hint of skepticism. She didn't pick up on it at all.

She pulled me in for another kiss and this time I didnt hesitate. I don't know... This time felt more natural instead of forced. I heard my dad come up the stairs and I managed to let go of Alena as she struggled to climbed to the roof.

"Just bounce up there....."

"I can't fucking do that....." She snapped. Eventually she just jumped into the tree and shimmied down.

But Clone does bounce. I watched her do it. What the hell is she talking about. Here comes my doubt again.

"Time to go Zach. Your mom is outside waiting. She decided not to have me drive across the city. She did this without telling me like usual." Dad came in and looked around. "I swear I heard a girl in here."

"Probably the commericals." I shrugged and picked up my 'just in case' bag. "If I were to bring a girl in here. You wouldn't hear her at all." I laughed.