Chapter 16: Exposed Part II

I woke up from the vibration of my phone. Clone woke up around the same time. Her face have a shocked expression. "You... did you lock the door?" She asked.

"Why?" I wiped my eyes. I stopped at the side of my eye, I started scratching it. "NO HE DIDNT." I yelled looking at the mask on the floor. I ran out of the room to find Micah.

Micah was sitting on the couch smugly. The news was on and my face was plastered. "A new development. Another high schooler is found to be a hero." The flash picture Micah took was on the tv. I grabbed him by the collar.

"You son of a bitch." I yelled. He looked at me in shock.

"You wouldn't hit your mother's boyfriend right."

"I'd kill you before she even remembers that she misses you."

"ZACH!" My mom yelled. I let Micah float on the ceiling and stomped towards her.

"Mom did you see what the asshole did?"

She pulled me into her chest. "My baby. Does your dad know? Did he know you fight people. Is that why you used to come home bruised. You can't do this anymore, I forbid it."

"I can't stop in the middle. I'm almost done I swear."

"NO! No more." She started pulling off my suit.

I squirmed out of her grasp with my suit still on.  We stared each other down. Clone came out with her mask on.... "I apologize." She said. "It seems we never set any boundaries."

"And you!!" My mom yelled grabbing her arm. "Did you infect my son?!" My mom screamed at Venus.

"No she didn't. What the hell?!"

"She has the same problem you have!" My mom reached for Clone's mask. Clone backed up and I was forced to step in.

I snapped my fingers and Micah fell from the ceiling. She gave one last burst of energy. Clone took another step back.

"I don't appreciate you threatening my- Venus like this." I said spinning my mom around and sitting her.

"I have the glove. We can go." Clone said grabbing my hand. We left the house as random cars started to pull up. I charged up. I pulled Clone off the floor and departed quickly.

-----------------

"I'm your girl now?" Clone smiled as we touched down. I pulled off her mask.

"I mean.... I didn't say that exactly." I shrugged.

"But you almost did." She nudged me with her elbow.

We went inside and pulled out the stones. Eneas glanced. "I guess.... I forgot to mention."

"You can't send kids into a place where murder happened. Thats traumatizing." Irene said.

"When I was a kid. I witnessed death first hand. It happens alot to my people. I thought it was for everyone."

"Welcome to Earth. Not everyone is screwed up."

"Well these stones need to be kept safe." Eneas muttered embarrassed.

I pulled them out of my glove. Irene reached for them. "Stop!" Eneas said slapping it out of my hand. The grey stone hit on Irene's leg before going to the floor. "She is powerless. One touch and she-"

Irene suddenly collapsed to the floor. The stone was turned dull. "Great." Eneas groaned. "Her sleeping state just started. Guess who now has powers?" She said sarcastically.