Chapter 15: Stones

"Where are you guys?" Jonelle texted.

"On our way." Clone frowned. Jonelle found the secret ship. We forced Percy to go on a date with Airias on the other side of town to get her off our asses for the night. We told him to do what ever it takes to keep her with you.

I'm hoping he doesn't come back with scratches.

Jonelle texted us the location because she was too impatient to wait for us. We changed our direction and ended up into the next town's forest. We were around my mom's house so if anything we can crash there for the night.

We reached a clearing and I turned at a large thump sound. Clone landed face first in mid air. The ship was cloaked. I shot a hole around Clone and grabbed her by the waist before the ship part fell.  "Anti gravity powers and you still want to grab me." Clone laughed as we floated down.

We split up. Eneas says we should retrieve the aliens who owns powers like ours. They were on a stasis like sleep. I continued to stroll along the back end of the ship. I found a closet that held more of the disgusting goop. It was moving and was making a weird noise. Sounded like a dog whimpering but alot more deeper.

I heard Clone scream and I ran back towards the front. She was frozen in shock covering her lips. As I walked behind her I noticed the three severed heads. The heads were being held by the hair and ears. It was disturbing to watch. Venus was shaking. I turned her head into my chest. Ashes started dropping from the necks and slowly going up to their chins."

I looked at the stones towards the bottom of the ashes. "This must be what happens when you put back the power in the stone."

"When she said caught I thought she meant alive....." Clone muttered.

I grabbed the stones and dropped them into my glove. I tied the glove and put it in my pants. We ran out and immediately went to my mother's house.

--------------

We knocked on the door and had to wait a good minute. Clone held a device and snapped it. "She was able to follow us with that. Now she doesn't know we sort of left her field of view."

The door opened and Micah stood there grumpily."Why the hell are you posers here."

"Why the hell are you STI-." I snapped. Clone punched me and I winced.

"Is that Zach?" My mom yelled from kitchen.

"No it's the heroes."

"Let them in dammit." My mom snapped.

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Clone whispered

I scoffed and walked in. "Good evening beautiful. I would like to ask you if we could spend the night. A villain is out and about and if we try and get home we will surely endanger everyone around us." I said in a deeper voice.

"You'll endanger us too...." Micah hissed

"The villain isn't in the outskirts of the city yet. They will think we went back home." Clone smiled.

"Of course" My mom smiled

"Of course not" Micah hissed.

"It's my house...... "

"These are toxic people!"

"You said that about my children too."

"Your children are devils"

"Say that again a knife is going down your throat. "

Clone looked at me and I shrugged. "She loves her kids."

"You can take my son's room."

I began to walk but Clone grabbed me. "Can you please show us, because we have never been here." She said the last part in a warning tone.

We followed Micah into my room. "I'm watching you two. I wonder how much money I'll get for learning your identity." He poked me.

We went into the room and locked the door. Clone pulled off the mask. "This is ridiculously annoying." She said pouting and kicking my shirt.

"Yeah I know. I should have cleaned up if I knew I was bringing a girl over." I sat on the floor.

She chuckled and sat next to me. I put my head on her lap and she stroked my hair."I'll take the floor." I smiled.

"What a gentleman."

-------------------------

I woke up due to my inability to sleep when I'm hot. There was only one blanket and one pillow. Clone was freezing her ass off. She had another clone lay on top of her like a blanket

I got up and unlocked the door. I snuck into Astrid's room and stole the blankets and pillows off her bed.

I touched Clone and she started to float. I put the pillow underneath. Clone floated down and I put the blanket over her.

"I don't want the frickin' blanket if you don't have one." She said annoyed kicking the blanket

I kissed her cheek and placed the blanket back on her. "I have one."

I grabbed her mask and put the glove filled with stones and tied it. I put them under my pillow. I lifted up the tip of my mask and scratched it. I dropped back the sleep Immediately.