Chapter 12: Exposed

"Two chocolate frosted donuts and two hot chocolates." I smiled at the barista.

"Is that Clone?" She smiled

"Yeah it's been a late night. " I pulled out my wallet.

"Look it's her!" Someone said behind me.

"Something isn't right." Clone whispered tiredly in my ear.

"The beloved hero of the night was found in a disturbing video gifted to our news station by the slimy creature that has been terrorizing the city."

She jumped off me and looked at the television in horror. There was a video of her sleeping and her mask taken off my Richie. That's why she was kidnapped... "The speaker identifies the hero as Venus Peralba. A 16 year old high school student at Sereph High School. The hero was last seen with Castello. The speaker left a clear message, that not even our strongest is safe."

Clone stopped and stumbled back. "This.... I didn't....." She looked at me. My eyes are fixed to the television. Why would... That's not... I looked at her in shock. Shock that it was Venus, and shocked that she didn't trust me enough with her identity though she knew who I was.

She ran out of the Dunkin donuts. Venus is Clone..... So then Alena.....

-------

Astrid stopped me from walking in school. "You heard about Venus right?"

"Yeah."

"You kissed her didn't you." She muttered. "Where were you last night?" Icoughed and sighed.

"I kind of slept on the Kingley tower."

"Just you? Is that why Castello was with Clone at Dunkin Donuts?"

"You slept together?!"

"Listen Astrid. This is high school, many people take that phrase different ways."

----------------

"PROCLAIMED HERO OF ASTMELD" Alena shouted. Venus got off the bus and quickly went into the school.

"Alena. Cut it out."

"I'm having fun. Don't you wanna have fun?" She got close to me.

"Not after you lied about being Clone. I should have listened to Venus." I whispered.

"Its ok baby. I forgive you for being a naïve little idiot" She kissed my cheek. I wiped it off and pulled Astrid into the school.

"Stay away from Alena and Jonelle. They both are bad news. They might hurt you or dad...."

"Jonelle?"

"Yes."

"But..."

"Astrid I'm trying to protect my family from what ever form of psychotic evil Alena is."

"Venus Peralba please come to the main office."

"Dammit." She yelled.

"Do you think you can make another clone of you just for me darling? Or will your boyfriend Castello kick my ass." A guy yelled from his locker.

He would.... He really would.

"Hey! Shut your mouth." Astrid yelled. "Are you really bullying her cause she has super powers? She could kick your ass 10 fold."

"Look it's the little kid trying to stand up for the hero. Did she save you?"

"Come on Astrid. It's no use arguing with the self entitled." I groaned.