Chapter 7: Mom

"So Zachary!" My mom laughed. Her hair was blond like mine but her eyes were brown unlike my perfect crystal blue eyes. Her new boyfriend look like a generic hippie. His hair was black and he had a huge ass beard. His hair was in a bun and he had glasses and unnessecary piercings. He looks like a man trying to relive his younger years.

"Yes mom?"

"How is Astmeld?"

"Astmeld is fine. I mean as it can be. With all the criminals running around. Only 2 heroes catching the-"

"I believe those heroes are figment of the government. They are too good to be true. The government want us to believe there are people who will always be there to help. But once they are taken away we will be forced to fight in our own." Her boyfriend blurted like it was on an index card infront of him.

"Who even are you?"

"Oh yes I forgot to introduce Micah."

"Micah....." Astrid asked in a curious tone.

"Micah Rinella."

"THE BARNES AND NOBLES CAFE GUY. Remember Zach?! The guy who wouldn't let you get the last 4 marshmallow tarts."

"Oh that ass." I immediately covered my mouth and Astrid widened her eyes. She started to snort.

"ZACHARY GABRIEL DELLIS." My mother yelled. "THAT IS STRIKE ONE"

Ah yes the strike system. I forgot. We got to the house and Micah provided my sister and mother with gentleman like pleasures. I had to open my door as I eyed him. He made little eye contact.

I don't think he likes me. Then again, none of my mother's boyfriends liked me.

We went into the house and Astrid immediately went for the cat. We don't have any pets at home since my dad had an allergy to fur. Soon we might get a lizard or a huge snake. Depends on what Astrid wants.

I went into my temporary room and found the color changed. "Oh yes Zach, honey. We changed the color to gray because blue didn't match the furniture." My mom yelled.

"Did the hipster tell you this." I said admiring the room.

"Do you like it?"  She yelled.

"Yes I d-"

"Is my room painted?" Astrid sped behind me and into her room. She looked at me with a disappointing look. She pulls my hand to go and see it.

The room was a pinkish red and said princess above the bed. I tried not to laugh. I pulled her in a hug as I looked at the tiaras and stuffed bears. "Can I sleep in your room from now on?"

I cackled. "No."

------

It was the middle of the night and I heard the news on the tv. The shouting at something unidentifiable was filling the speakers.

I frowned. I locked my door and got dressed. I realized I am missing my mask. Ah crap.

I grabbed a clean underwear and cut holes in it. I tied the loose pants holes together. I opened the window and hopped out.

I can't believe I forgot my mask.
-------

I found myself in the heart of Astmeld. There was an abnormally large symbiote running through the city. I noticed Clone getting her ass kicked. Then again she was also kicking ass. As well as looking pretty cute. How do you manage that....

She split into 10 and still couldn't scream hard enough for the symbiote to be in fear.

She looked a little discouraged but it didn't stop her. She got ready to scream again but the symbiote fled. I went after its sorry ass. But I had to wave to Alena. Alena flipped me off and continued to in the same direction as I did.

"I thought we were a team?" I frowned looking down at her as I floated.

Clone stopped and twisted. For a few seconds we faced each other she reached for my chest and managed to twist and pull me down. I hit the ground hard. "Payback you piece of shit" she snapped.

"I've been so nice to you."

"No you haven't. We met like 2 days ago and you already tried to attack me. Are you dumb?" Clone shook her head. "You are a fucking idiot. Why do you have underwear on your face."

"So you aren't Alena? You are probably are a rouge clone." I said charging and ignoring her.

"Alena? That rich girl in the brownstone? Do I have a rogue clone? No thats not possible."

"Shes the girl that had the party, that you crashed and didn't do your job right."

Clone folded her arms and jutted her hip out. I didnt even need to see her face to know shes rolling her eyes. "And you think I'm her? Do you think before you speak?"

"She had a clone in her car.... She split into two."

She looked at me in shocked. "You idiot do you even know what we are up against at the moment?"

"No. All I know is, I do not need your help!" I snapped.

"YOU CAME HERE AFTER I DID!" She raised her voice. She took a deep breath got into a fighting stance. "I was given this power to help. Not to fight idiots. But if I need to I will."

I swung for a punch and she dissapeared. "Oh god dammit." I felt a kick on my back and I fell. The real one let off two clones to pin me down.

"You have no idea what you are dealing with, ameteur."

"Ameteur?!" I grumbled.

I heard footsteps the original glared down at me. She kneeled and reached for my mask. "Alena is messing with you. You should find out about her." She retracted her hands and I breathed a sigh of relief. Her clone pulled off my mask.

"This is my city I can't let a careless idiot run arou- You.... I..." Her face changed as we looked at each other. She must know me personally. She nodded at my head and forced the clone to put give me back my makeshift mask. But being so distracted by my identity the mask was never returned.

Her face stiffened. "Alena.... She... It's... I don't....." She climbed off and the clones disappeared. "You.... This isn't... What the fuck." She said backing up and clutching her heart. She dropped to her knees and looked at my face again. So she definitely has seen me.

"Are you ok?" I glared. "You probably weren't expecting t-"

"Why the- por que ele de todas as pessoas!" Clone panicked and ran to the edge. She hopped away muttering under her breath.

I watched her jump away holding my mask... no... My underwear. Not knowing what to think of this.