Chapter 2

I walked in my room and saw that it wasn't the way I left it when I went to work and didn't come back home for days on end. Masami stood in the doorway and said "I cleaned up for you. Someone didn't tell me how long they was gonna be gone and I ended up having some off days from work." I turned around and hugged her, "Thank you" "Don't mention it"

I'm happy Masami's my friend, if she wasn't, I probably wouldn't be alive right now. She's the one that forces me to stop working just to eat and sleep, even though her schedule is just as busy as mine. She's a surgeon and the CEO at Tokyo Hospital. The hospital was given to her as a present from her parents after we graduated college. She didn't attend college for the medical career for long since her parents taught us about, not only being a surgeon, but other roles a doctor has and/or do as we grew up.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, Masami and I went out for dinner. The last time we went out together was a week before I started staying at work for long hours. We went to Japan's Sushi and Steak, not only do they have amazing sushi and steak, but amazing wine.

As me and Masami caught up and talked about what has happened the past couple of days, possibly weeks, I told her about how my parents tricked me into thinking that I was signing a contract with a huge company when I was just signing the rights of the company for myself. "I'm telling you Makoto, our parents get together low-key and plan stuff like this" she said holding her head up with her hands, "but that's a great reason to drink!" "No one's drinking anymore, you still have work tomorrow" I reminded her, destroying her drinking mood.

Here I am, walking down the street by myself because Masami was called into work due to one of the doctors on her team didn't do surgery correctly on a patient. I was walking past a store when I noticed something shiny in the window. I looked at the multiple objects and a set of beautiful studded earrings. 'I wonder if Masami has a pair of these already?' I thought while gazing at the jewels. I went and bought two pairs of the earrings but different colors, a black pair for me and a pink pair for Masami. Happy with my purchase, I left the store and started making my way down the street again until the sound of screaming girls and two male voices came from behind me.

"EXCUSE US! COMING THROUGH!" I turned around to see what was going on and saw two guys run past me real quick. Watching them run down the street, someone bumped into me from behind. "Itai~" I rubbed my back and looked to see who bumped into me and come to find out, it was the guy from earlier today. I accidentally looked him in the eyes and ended up in a trance. 'What beautiful brown eyes he has' I thought staring into his eyes. Wanting to actually take a look at his facial features, I noticed that his lips were moving but nothing was coming out. He pointed towards the direction he came from and as I looked, there was a crowd of girls coming towards us quick. He was still moving his lips, but what pulled me out of my thoughts was the sound of people saying my name, realizing who I was.

"Makoto Yamamoto!"
"Makoto? Where?"
"Its Kohh too!"
"Look that's the business model, Makoto"

Coming back to reality, I grabbed the guys hand, got up quick and ran. As my thoughts slowly subside, I start to hear someone behind me talking, "Hey! Are you ok!? Why aren't you answering me-" "Instead of talking, you should focus on running. Keep your breath so you don't get tired faster." I told him looking back at him then to see the gap between us and the group of fan girls. Seeing my apartment building up ahead, I ask him "They don't know where you live, right?" "They know what building but not the floor or room number." I glance back at him then asked him a very personal question, well it's a personal question to me, "What building do you live in?" He was quiet for awhile and I noticed we were getting closer to my apartment building.

He didn't answer, but he took the lead. When he took the lead, our speed increased faster, making me almost stumble over my own feet. We ran into the apartment building and to my surprise, the security wasn't around. The guy ran to the elevator and started pushing the up button repeatedly causing me to tell him "Its not gonna come any faster if you keep pushing it. If anything you might break it..." Just like I said, the elevator wasn't coming fast and the fans came in making their way to the elevator area. When the elevator did come, the doors took forever to open and when it did, the guy tried to go in but I stopped him, pushed floor 20 then the close doors button. After that I dragged him to a corner that a mini human sized tree was and hid.

I was really close to him, so close that I could hear him panting and he was panting kind of loud. I covered his mouth when one of the fans said "Who's panting?" Hoping the fan that said that didn't come over and find us. Not wanting to give away our hiding spot, I relied on my hearing, 'Not many of them are moving...' I heard a pair of foot steps coming towards us, 'Hurry up stupid elevator!' "They're on the 20th floor!" And with that, the foot steps started towards another direction, the stairs.

Inhaling then exhaling quietly, I peeked around the corner and made sure there wasn't any fans left. There wasn't and lucky for us, an old couple came off of the other elevator. "This is our chance, come on" I said removing my hand and making my way to the elevator with him behind me. After he got on, I asked him what floor and to my surprise he's going to the same floor as me, the 12th floor.

After making it to the 12th floor, I looked to make sure no one was around and got off. We walked the same way until I got to my door, "Well, I hope your fans go away soon" I smiled at him and he smiled back, "Yeah." And just like that, I opened my door, heard some fans, and was shoved in my apartment. Well, to be exact, I wasn't shoved but gently placed. As the door closed quietly, I looked down to see a tatted arm around my waist, which then lead to me turning my head to find the same guy behind me. "I'm sorry, but some of them was coming off of the elevator and almost saw us."