Chapter 22

After telling the whole story in front of not only Yūki, but Rai, Masami and Marina. My eyes glued to the floor when Marina said "Heard that asshole?! Now your heard the whole and true story! Then you have evidence that he inflicted harm on her! I want him locked up for life and if you fail to do it this time, then you can kiss your promotion AND job good bye. Now do I make myself clear!.... Then get on it!" She hung up the phone and took a deep breath. All of them had their eyes on me, Yūki hugged me. It wasn't like all the other hugs he's given me, this one was a hug that said 'I'm never going to let you go'. This was a hug that was filled with all emotions that exists within the human body.

Wrapping my arms around Yūki's waist, he cried into my shoulder, "Why would you keep something like that inside for so long? You didn't have to deal with the pain of having to worry about him still being somewhere in Japan or Korea by yourself. I'm with you now and I promised to protect you, so let me keep my promise." He pulled away and cupped my cheeks. Looking deep in his eyes, I could tell how much he really loved me and all I was doing was pushing him away from loving me even more.

I leaned closer to his face so that he could kiss me and wrapped my arms around his neck. Melting into the kiss, it felt like all of my scars that I had gotten was disappearing for good now. Feeling as if I am now free from the torture of having to to deal with the memory of Dong Woo killing my first baby all by myself. Feeling a little more accepted into the world. This was the feeling I've always wanted to feel every since I was young.

No longer living in anyone's shadow, or having to do what everyone wanted me to do. I was finally free to what I've always wanted to without anyone holding me back. I can finally let loose and enjoy my life. I can finally take another step into my future and accomplish my goal a lot faster now.

¤A week later¤

"Ms. Yamamoto! Ms. Yamamoto! Please slow down ma'am" Secretary Takanashi called out to me. I was on my way to the clothing part of the company to find out why the clothing store H&M didn't get their shipment yet. I stopped at the elevator when Takanashi grabbed my arm, "Ma'am please wait" gasping for air, Takanashi handed me a vanilla folder with 'Successful Shipments' written on it.

"Why are you giving me this?" She stood up straight and explained, "Ma'am, H&M got the shipment late last night... The reason why they called complaining was because the shipment was taken to the stores owner's house since the stores was closed for the night..." "Then why did they call us this morning?!" Takanashi shivered and stuttered "B-Because the owner didn't call them right away about the shipments." I rubbed my temples and sighed. 'I couldn't get any rest at all last night because of a new project...'

I went back to my office and sat down at my desk. Everything has been so busy and stressful this whole week. We've been getting more and more orders, there's been about 15 meetings this week, then there's the problem with H&M clothing store. Not to mention, the fact that I got a call yesterday from one of our good client's wife asking me to organize her son's and soon to be daughter-in-law's wedding. That means that I would have to use one of the floors that's unoccupied as an event planner floor.

The stress started to get to my head so I put it down on the desk. AllIi wanted was to clear my mind of all work related things. It was quiet in the the office, so quiet that it didn't help me clear my mind. "Argh!!" I yelled. Someone chuckled from the door, "This is why I haven't seen you in the apartment building this week" "Yūki..." He gave me his big goofy smile that I loved so much and held his arms open, "Hey baby girl." I got up and ran over and jumped on him.

As he held me up, I started to attack him with kisses. It's been a week since we've seen each other. He's been texting and calling but I never answered his calls or texts. That's how busy I've been all week.

Not once have I ever been so busy to the point to where I wouldn't be able to answer any of my boyfriend's calls or text. And if I was, then the would assume I was cheating on them. But Yūki, he was different. He didn't worry about me cheating or attempting to cheat on him. That's how much he trusted me and I trust him just as much.

We were now sitting on a couch in my office relaxing and talking about anything. Out of nowhere, the word trust came out of Yūki's mouth. I looked at him and he had a worried look on his face. It was a look that someone that's wrongly accused would have. "Yūki," he looked at me, "what's wrong?" "Makoto, I... I..."

Yūki got extremely quiet when my phone started ringing. It was Marina. I looked at Yūki as I answered the phone, "Hey Mari." The feeling of something being wrong was floating in my stomach as Yūki stared at the floor and Marina called me. When Marina calls someone means that something was wrong and she had got wind of the situation.

Marina was talking to someone in the background before she spoke to me. The whole time she was talking, I put my hand on Yūki's and made him jump. 'What's going on?' I thought when Marina said the one thing I didn't think I would ever hear.

"I'm not going to keep quiet about this! Christian he's cheating on Makoto!!"