The Past...The Future

Pulling the plain black dress over my body, I hear the clinking of the ice against the glass. He takes a slow sip of his whiskey, observing me with cautious eyes. He's reclined back in the chair, legs parted slightly, bringing his drink to his lips now and then as he regards me.

I'm trying very hard to mask the nervous energy I have, but I'm sure he can smell the zesty scent coming from my body.

Pinning my hair up in a high manicure bun, leaving my flawless, unmated neck on full display. I decide to wear the diamonds I received from Elliot a long time ago, the first and last gift of jewelry any male has bought me. I admire them in the light, turning my head from side to side, smiling at the memory.

He's watching my every move, sitting there like a predator observing his prey with hawk-like eyes. I grab my drink and swing it back, trying to ease my nerves, then take a calming breath.

After applying the last of my makeup, I sit on the edge of the bed to do up the straps on my heels.

Jumping slightly when he bends down on his knees at the foot of the bed and grabs my shoe in one hand, then places it on my foot. As he leans in to do up the strap, he places a single kiss on my inner thigh, smelling me deeply.

Closing my eyes at the contact of his lips. He repeats the process with the other sandal, kissing all the way down to the arch of my foot.

"What are you doing?" I whisper out, trying to create distance between us.

He won't have any of that. Instead, he pulls me closer to him, my butt at the edge of the bed, the dress hiked up to my ass. His hand on either side of my hips, bringing my body against his.

"You look beautiful; I just wanted to tell you that."

Blushing with the compliment. Butterflies flutter in my stomach with the way he looks: his fitted dark grey pants, the crisp white button-down shirt, sleeves rolled slightly at the ends. He's clean shaven, hair still slightly damp from his recent shower, and it curls at the back of his head.

Nuzzling into my neck, he presses feather light kisses between my neck and collarbone. I angle my head away to give him better access to me.

"You do things to me," he whispers, nipping at my neck. I can smell his spiciness, but there's something else there, another emotion I'm trying to taste, yet he's hiding it well.

"I want you to remember something, even though you bear no mark of mine." The tip of his finger presses where his mark should be. "You are mine." His lips crash against mine in ownership. He takes control as I try to pull myself away from him. It's a harsh kiss, and he bites my lower lip in possession.

He places his fingers on my chin, holding my head in place, so his eyes meet mine. "You will behave yourself tonight, Meela. Do not embarrass yourself or me."

With those words, he ruins the magic that I felt, the spell broken.

Shoving him away, I get up, downing the last drops of my whiskey. As I exit through the door, I raise my hand in the air and shoot him the finger. He growls at me, and I race down the stairs, not stopping until I'm in front of Alpha Steven and my Elliot.

"Meela!" Alpha Steve's arms spread open, inviting me for a hug. Without thought, I bury my face in his chest. "You've grown since the last time I've seen you."

Hugging him close, letting his familiar scent sooth my nervousness.

Pulling back to look at him, saying, "You look older." I wink, and he pats my shoulder.

"Hey, I could still pass as your good looking older brother."

"Yeah, if a blind man was looking." I love the way we fall back into our easy banter, always joking with one another whenever he would visit with Elliot in the Southern Pack.