Brothers

Feeling shy when opening the back door to the packhouse because I'm not part of this place.

It feels foreign to me.

While making my way to the kitchen, I witness Thomas and Sophie in each other's arms. She has plates of food in her hands, Thomas has her ass in his, rubbing up on her as she nibbles on his bottom lip.

There is a need to back away from them... Too late. Sophie turns to me with a wide smile on her face. The sun-kissed hair falling loosely in natural curls around her shoulders gives her a sweet, innocent look.

"Meela, come in." She smiles at me, trying to untangle herself from Thomas.

I bristle slightly at her, remembering her threats. Her words, there will be consequences, still, echo in my head. I eye her suspiciously. I have no smile for her.

She hands the plates of food to Thomas and grabs my forearm, bringing me closer, her eyes searching mine. "Are we good, Meela?"

"We're good, Sophie."

She lets go of my forearm and makes to take a step back, a smile plastered on her face. Tightening my grip on her arm, bringing her flush against me. Leaning into her, my mouth against her ear. "If you ever threaten me again, there will be consequences." My words reflect a promise and are spoken with a deadly threat.

"Are we good, Sophie?" Eyes bore into hers, looking us together.

"We're good...Luna." A neck angled in a submissive posture.

Letting go of her, stepping away from them. Thomas has his hackles up, staring me down.

"Thomas, what's going on?"

The Northerner stands beside me, his arm going protectively around my shoulders, bringing me into his side. As his fingers clutch onto the material of my sweater, I feel safe, nestled in....protected.

"Nothing," I answer for them. I'm not going to start a war between brothers.

"Come, let's have you meet Fin." He takes my hand in his, and it dwarfs mine. Part of me, the wolf part, loves this.

As he leads me out of the kitchen with the two betas following behind, I can feel the heat from his touch inching up my arm. He doesn't want to let my hand go, it provides him with a comfort to his raging soul.

When we step into the study, his brother's back is to us, his mouth nuzzled up against that pig-nosed female's neck, and they're laughing together about something he's said.

"Brother, I want you to meet my mate, Meela," the Northerner says, proudly.

He turns towards me and my breath hitches in my throat. Stumbling slightly backward. His eyes are the same as the Northerner's, even if he has short hair, his beardless face is the exact same as his brother's...twins.

He gives me a side smirk and a wink, sticking his hand out. Clasping it in mine. Small tingles, feather light, sneak up my arm without my consent.

As he pulls me into him for a hug, I smell him. He's almost the exact match of his brother, just not as wild.

Swooning slightly at this magnificent male.

The Northerner eyes the exchange, anxiety making its presence known in the back of his mind, whispering his deep fears to him. He masks it and the others are unable to notice his turmoil...but I do.

His brother pushes me away, gripping my shoulders in his hands, assessing me from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes, his eyes taking in everything. I'm also taking everything as well. Those eyes are the same, but still, somehow different. They lack the feral-ness the Northerner has within him, that lives inside him.