Chapter 2 - Bad News

Peeta's POV

We get to Katniss's house and Prim and her mother aren't there. She starts to panic and search the whole house. I go upstairs and check their bedrooms. No ones there. I start to get concerned but try to help Katniss.

'Maybe they went out to the Hob?' I say, watching Katniss rush around. She stops and looks at me. 'You think so?' Katniss's eyes light up. I nod my head. 'Of course. It would explain everything. It's okay, Katniss.' I assure her. She takes a deep breath and walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I slowly put my arms around her waist. Her head is resting on my chest. I stroke her hair.

It feels like a sensation, just holding her. How much I care about Katniss cannot be explained.

'Peeta, what if my family don't come back?' She asks me quietly. Tears fill my eyes. I take a deep breath.

'Then I won't let you go.' I say to her as if she were a toddler. But I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I love Katniss.

'Will you stay with me?' She asks quietly. I whisper one word back,

'Always.'

Katniss's POV

'Will you stay with me?' I ask quietly, feeling tears in my eyes.

'Always.' He replies. I hear a loud bang, like a bomb going off. Peeta and I turn around immediantly. I start running, I can hear Peeta calling after me, but I don't listen, I just keep going. I go to the square where it came from. I can only see one thing, my mother and Prim on the ground, dead.

I run over to them, screaming. I can hear Peeta coming. I just collapse next to their bodies. Tears are rushing down my face so fast. I'm trying to make sense of what's going on as their pale faces stare at the sky. Peeta catches up and sees what's going on. He sits next to me, putting an arm around me, but I just bury my face in my hands. This isn't possible. It can't be real.

'Katniss, it's okay, it's okay.' Peeta repeats, I try to catch his words but it's hard. I hear other footsteps. Peeta turns around.

'FINNICK, ANNIE, CATO! QUICK!' Peeta yells, they rush over and gasp. 'Katniss...' Annie is speechless, she sits next to me and tries to comfort me. All I want is my family. But I guess I'll never get them back.

'There was a bomb. Look at the damage to this building. Someone must have planned it.' Cato tells us sadly. I look up at the bricks all of the place and the damage to the building. It's our Mayors house. I look back at my mothers scared face, my sisters hand holding onto my mothers. I put my hand on theirs and start sobbing. Arms embrace me and I end up crying in Peeta's shirt.

'You'll be alright.' He whispers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad Chapter D:

I'll start writing the next chapter now :)