Chapter 17 - The Meadow

Katniss's POV
Finally! Finnick is out of hospital. He is still in a bad condition; broken bones, bruised bones...but he's here.

He will be able to come to Cato and Cloves wedding, too!

I smile just thinking about it.

Their wedding is only in two days, everyone is in a rush to get ready.

Even Glimmer is more stressed than Clove! But that's probably normal.

Everyone will be coming to their wedding. Clove sent out wayyy too many invitations.

It's almost like the whole town will be there!

Peeta and I take a walk to get it all out of our minds. We end up at the meadow. I think about how the last time we came was Spring.

When we had no idea we would ever get together. Peeta wanting to plan his future and me...well I never thought of getting with anyone.

It was a long time ago. Right before the incident.

It just hits me how long Peeta and I have been together.

I look at Peeta who is looking at the meadow; the long green grass and the dandelion. He smiles.

It's no longer as cold as that day, it's actually preferably warm. He still has that delicacy though, where he can get quite cold easily.

Even now I spot the goosebumps on his arms.

I sit down and let him sit next to me. I wrap my arms around him to keep him warm. We look at my favorite place in the world.

Peeta's POV
As I stay nice and warm in Katniss's arms, I wonder how we ever came to be. Maybe because I was the only person who could comfort her.

Or maybe because she was the only person who could comfort me.

I stare at the dandelion that's right next to me.

I pick it up and twirl it around in my fingers. I look up at Katniss who's eyes connect with mine.

I hand her the dandelion and smile.

'It might not be roses, but I know it will make you happier on the toughest days.' I assure her.

She studies it for a moment before looking back at me.

'Thank you. But I don't need a dandelion, I have you.' She says, smiling at me.

I grin. 'True but I always want you to be happy. If I'm not there I want you to still have something to make you happy.' I look at her sparkling eyes.

'Promise you won't ever leave me?' She asks. I try to make a statement but she interrupts.

'But I-'

'Promise!'

'I was going to say I thought it was always.'

'Promise me always.'

'I will never leave you I promise. I'll always be with you.'

She puts the dandelion in her pocket safely.

'You're keeping it so you'll never be anything but happy around me?'

'Always.'

--------------------------------------------

So what do you think of this chapter, it's kind of boring sorry!!

But I actually put a lot of time into this one so let me know what you think!

As usual, thanks for the reads and updating soon! :)