Chapter 9 - School's over!

Johanna's POV

The whole day is so boring. When I mean boring, I mean borrinnnngggg. Graduation is the thing on everyone's mind, yet the teachers act like it's a normal school day. Ugh, I just want to get out of this stupid place.

For last period I get to be with Finnick, Katniss, Peeta and Marvel. Finnick offers me a sugarcube. I take it from his hand without a moments hesitation. I plop it in my mouth. He grins.

'Good?' He asks, watching me crunch it. I smile. 'Very nice.' I say. He gets out another one but I steal it from him. He gasps. 'Not the sugarcubes!' He yells, the teacher turns around and everyone bursts into laughter.

He tries to grab it but I pass it to Peeta at the table behind me. He is sitting next to Katniss. He quickly sneaks it into her hand as Finnick tries to grab it. Katniss passes it to Marvel and he catches it in his mouth. 'Yum!' He laughs.

I look at Finnick, grinning. 'Very sweet.' I whisper. His face hardens which makes everyone laugh even more. 'Finnick, Johanna, Peeta, Katniss and Marvel come see me when the class finishes!' The teacher shouts.

We all look up at her and groan. We were just trying to have fun. I watch the teacher for the rest of the class, bored out of my mind.

Finally, the bell rings, our last class in High School is finished! Everyone rushes out of the room while we are stuck there. The teacher gives us a lecture. I just stare at the clock. Finnick closes his eyes a few times. Katniss and Peeta almost burst into laughter when they pass notes.

Marvel who is across from Finnick and I just rolls his eyes. We've all been in this situation before, we are sort of the troublemakers.

We all run outside and go get changed for Graduation. We get in our robes and line up outside the gym. I'm so excited! I hope my mum and dad show...oh, yeah. I sigh.

My friends and I wait for ages then finally my name is called. I walk up to the stage and accept my certificate.

Peeta's POV

Johanna puts her arms in the air and everyone applauses. Katniss looks at me excitedly. She is called next. She kisses me quickly and walks up, accepts it, gets an applause and runs off the stage to Johanna.

Marvel, Cato, Clove, Finnick, Annie, Glimmer and Gale are up next. They get a wild applause and can't keep the smile of their face.

I'm last. I am so nervous. I can't believe it.

'Peeta Mellark!' The man shouts. I take a deep breath and walk up. I see the old man grinning at me. He shakes my hand and gives me the certificate that can change my life. I turn around, look at everyone's faces for a moment, grin and yell, 'SCHOOL'S OVER BABY!' Everyone stands up and cheers.

I hear my friends laughing like maniacs. The teachers look at me, concerned. I wink at them. I'm probably causing more trouble by the second, but then again, I've graduated.

The old man beside me takes my hand and lifts it high in the air. Everyone in the audience applauses and shouts 'woo!' I am so happy.

Katniss comes up to the stage. I take my hand away, look into her eyes, put a hand on her cheek and kiss her. Everyone is whistling now. Katniss smiles in between the kiss.

'I love you.' She whispers. 'I love you too.' I whisper back. The teachers just shake there heads. I don't care. We keep kissing. Everyone loves us.

Finally I get kicked off the stage, I walk down the stairs with Katniss holding my hand. My friends hug me and laugh. Cato and Finnick lift me up on their shoulders and people cheer us out.

We did it. We graduated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohoo! I love this chapter, I hope you did too!

Updating soon :)