Chapter 4 - Don't Go

Katniss's POV

I look around for Peeta and finally find him in the study with Finnick. 'What's going on?' I ask and Peeta sighs. 'We need to talk.' Peeta tells me seriously. I look at Finnick who has his face in his hands. I wonder what's going on. Peeta pulls me towards the middle of the room and then closes the door. 'Listen, this is really hard for me to tell you, Katniss. But you two mean a lot to me, it makes sense you should find out first.' Peeta gulps hard.

'Katniss, my dad needs me to come live with him at a new bakery in District 5, I'm...moving.' I gasp. No, no, this can't happen. Tears are already in my eyes. 'Peeta, no! You can't go! Don't go!' I scream, he just looks down sadly.

'You can't go, Peeta.' Finnick agrees, looking at him. 'I have to. I'm sorry.' He shakes his head. I can't let him move, without him I would...I don't know what I would do. I just hug him tightly, maybe if I hold on tight enough he'll stay. I can feel a tear land on my shoulder. Finnick watches us sadly. He really needs Peeta, too. He is one of the only people Finnick actually trusts.

'You will be fine. Just remember that.' Peeta whispers in my ear, more tears run down my face. 'Peeta please, I need you, we all need you.' I say through the sobs. 'Katniss, my dad needs me, my...mum needs me. I have no choice.' He replies sadly, but I know he's lying. His mother doesn't need him. I know it sounds harsh, but she beats him, how could he go with her.

I finally just say it. 'Peeta, I think I lo-' Cato bursts in the room. 'What's going on here?!' He shouts. I honestly feel like punching him in the face, but I just take a deep breath and tell him. 'Peeta's moving.' I say flatly. Everyone comes in and hears the news.

'No! No! No!' Marvel shouts. 'You can't go!' Peeta hugs him. 'I'm sorry, bro.' He sighs. Glimmer and Annie cry while Johanna and Clove just stare at the wall sadly. Gale doesn't say anything, but I get the feeling he's enjoying it. What a jerk.

Finnick can't handle the news at all, he just buries his face in his hands. I just hug Peeta. I can't let him go without saying it.

I pull him to the downstairs kitchen and lock the door. 'Peeta, I need to tell you something. I can't stand keeping it from you anymore.' I say, sitting on the chair next to him. 'What is it?' Peeta asks, looking at me, concerned.

'I...love you.'

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! There is some news!

Well I'm finally coming along with the whole Everlark thing, the next chapter will be...interesting!

I will update later! :)