Chapter 13 - Not Finnick!

Marvel's POV

We got the call in the night. I dropped the phone in shock. I woke up Glimmer and we got dressed.

It couldn't be real. I couldn't understand. Peeta was blubbering on the phone, but it made sense.

Finnick was nearly dead. Peeta explained Finnick's experience; saying that he was crossing the road at about 10:00PM, going home, and a car just got him.

Peeta got the call from the hospital, saying that Finnick was alive but not in a good condition. Glimmer and I had to rush to the hospital.

When we got there we saw all our friends sitting in the waiting room, wearing their pajamas and some in tears.

I walk over to Cato and give him a hug. He sighs sadly.

Peeta's POV

This is the worst thing ever. I bury my face in my hands, hiding my tears. Marvel and Glimmer just arrived.

We wait with our fingers crossed. Katniss lies her head on my shoulder. How could this happen? Why did this happen to him? Finnick, the one who deserves so much better. My best friend.

Annie is sobbing. She got the call first, of course. She couldn't handle it. She cries in Marvel's shirt.

We all do the only thing we can, we wait. We wait for hours. We just sit there and stay silent.

We wait until dawn. We don't try sleep because we're all waiting for news. We do get tired, all of us are exhausted by 8:00AM, especially Annie who cries the whole night.

None of us go home, though, we would never leave him. Cato and Clove go get breakfast for all of us.

It's not the best food but it's alright. We eat and stare at the floor, cold hard floor. It helps not having conversation, none of us want to talk about what's happened.

Finally, it's about 10:00AM when we get news. We're all sitting down or whispering to someone next to us.

I have an arm around Katniss as she lies her head on my chest. A nurse walks out of the door and looks at us with a sad face.

Everyone turns to her with hopeful, alarmed faces. She sighs. 'Finnick is alive,' She starts, we all breathe a sigh of relief, 'but only just. If he can make it he will be in a rough condition for a while.'

She pauses and lets us all take it in. Finnick alive is great news, but the fact he might not make it ...I can't explain the feeling.

We take our time as she explains the details, broken bones, bruised ribs, not much damage in the upper body but the landing was hard.

She tells us to go home and rest and if 'something' happens she will call. We want to stay but she insists we leave.

The car ride with Katniss is silent, no words can really mean anything. We get back and Katniss goes to shower while I take a nap. I keep the phone close though, I can't miss the call.

I must admit, I feel a little anxious. Katniss can tell I'm feeling down so she lies down on the bed with me and forces me to snuggle with her.

I can finally sleep knowing she's with me, her head on my chest and my arms wrapped around her. We have a nap together, our bodies enveloped in each others warmth.

I am so glad I have Katniss to help me, I need her more than anything right now and shes here.

And I'm here for her, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Sad chapter :(

Not Finnick!!!!