Chapter 3 - Moving

Finnick's POV

It was a week ago that Katniss found her mother and sister dead because of a bomb that blew up. Katniss is still traumatised, obviously. Annie, Clove, Cato, Marvel, Glimmer, Johanna, Gale and I have being visiting her daily. Peeta is living with her so he can feed her and comfort her during the night.

She just sits on the couch and stares at the wall most of the time. We all get in the car and drive to her house. We come in and see Peeta baking bread for Katniss and Katniss look up at us. Johanna rushes to her.

'Are you alright?' She asks as the rest of us gather around. 'Yeah. I guess. I just can't get the picture out of my head.' Katniss answers, sighing. Peeta walks in and puts some bread on the table then takes a seat next to Katniss. 'Katniss, would you like a sugarcube?' I ask, grinning. Everyone laughs and Katniss even smiles and punches my shoulder playfully.

'Come on!' I say, putting one in my mouth.

Katniss's POV

'Katniss, would you like a sugarcube?' Finnick asks, grinning. Everyone laughs and I manage a smile then punch his arm playfully. Finnick loves his sugarcubes. 'Come on!' He says, putting one in his mouth and crunching it. Annie kisses his cheek.

I look at Peeta who smiles at me sweetly. He has been a massive help to me, taking care of me when I need him. I look into his eyes, look at his lips. Who am I kidding? I need him all the time. I just wrap my arms around him. He tightly embraces me with his strong, warm arms. His lips just touch my neck and I feel warmth through my body. He releases me, kisses my forehead and goes to get drinks. Gale replaces his spot.

'Hey, Katniss! You feeling alright?' He asks, grinning. 'Yeah...I'm fine.' I reply and look around for Johanna. I swear she was just here...'That's good! Hey, if you feel up to it, maybe we could go hang out.' Gale interrupts my thoughts, I turn to him and smile. 'Maybe another time, Gale.' I say quickly. I don't want to hurt his feelings, but like I've told many people, I'm not good at making friends.

Finally, Marvel get off his phone and grins. 'I just got a date!' He exclaims. Great, so while I've been here depressed he was messaging a girl. 'Really? What's her name?' Glimmer asks, smiling. I look at her, confused. She told me she had a crush on Marvel just a week ago, which must mean she doesn't want him to know and doesn't want to make it obvious. I just shake my head slowly.

'Her name is Delly.' Marvel grins. I can hear Peeta drop something. He rushes into the roon carrying glasses and drinks. I look at him suspiciously as he gives a thumbs up to Marvel. 'Delly? Congratulations!' Peeta pats Marvel's back. Marvel raises his eyebrows. 'Um, thanks bro.' He replies slowly.

I follow Peeta to the kitchen. 'You know who Delly is, don't you?' I corner him. He sighs. 'She was my best friend before I met you. I haven't seen her forever.' Peeta tells me. I know it's the truth. I smile. 'Well, you'll get to see her again.' I say, but I feel a little jealousy. I'm Peeta's best friend, no one else can take that away.

Peeta's POV

'Well you'll get to see her again.' Katniss smiles, there is a different tone in her voice, something I've never heard before, but I just ignore it. 'What are you two doing in here?' Clove asks, standing in the doorway with Johanna. I jump. 'Geez, Clove, way to scare me.' I say, moving past Katniss and going to the fridge. Johanna and Clove laugh, they really are good friends. They move towards Katniss and start whispering. Must be some kind of girl thing.

I leave the room and bump into Gale. 'Oh sorry.' I say and let him walk. 'Watch it.' He says rudely. He walks to the kitchen. I sigh. He has never really liked me since he joined the group.

'Finnick? Can I talk to you?' I ask Finnick, who is making out with Annie. He looks at me. 'Oh, um, alright.' He replies, letting Annie off his lap and I bring him upstairs. We go into the study room and I lock the door. 'Peeta? What's going on?' He asks me, raising his eyebrows. Then he goes into the closet, shuts the door, open them and says, 'Don't tell me you're coming out of the closet.' I roll my eyes as he grins. 'Seriously, Finnick. This is important.' I warn him, he sighs and sits down. 'Go on, then.' He looks at me, I sigh.

'I'm moving.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot twist!!