Chapter 12 - Is this really true love?

Peeta's POV

We sit there in silence. No words. No noises. It's just our eyes fixtated on the floor. We sit in the lounge room on the floor, light shining through our windows.

We are a mess. My hair is messed up, I have glass shatters on my shirt. My eyes are puffy and closed. I didn't get any sleep at all.

She sits at the opposite side of the room. Her face bright red, bags under her eyes and her clothes ripped.

My eyes search for her and finally make contact. She isn't looking at me, though. I wish she would say something. Please say something.

She doesn't, she just gets up and walks out of the room. I'm left alone. I bury my face in my hands, what have I done?

Well, I made Katniss angry. Then we had a fight. Now she won't speak to me. I think the fight ended at about 5:00AM and now the time is 8:00AM

She couldn't help it. I know Katniss was upset. I get up sadly and walk into the kitchen where she is.

I go straight to the kettle. 'Tea?' I ask quietly. She shakes her head curtly. I turn it on and grab a mug. Now we're back to silence.

'Katniss, can we just forget? You know I love you more than anything. Please forgive me.' I say, turning to her.

Her eyes are now staring into my sole. I sigh. After a few moments she finally answers me.

'You know I love you Peeta. I just don't want you to hurt me again.' She sits down at the table. I sit across from her. 'I promise you, I will never hurt you EVER again.'

Now there is the moment of thinking. I put my hand on the table for her to hold. She looks at it and glances at me.

Finally, she takes it. I take a sigh of relief. She slightly smiles. I can't believe she forgave me. I'm the luckiest man in the world.

I give her hand a squeeze and smile at her gray eyes. I put a hand on her cheek and lean in. She leans in and we kiss. I let my fingers stroke a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

Katniss's POV

I know I shouldn't be kissing him this soon, but I love this boy too much.

I pull back and walk over to him, sitting on his lap.

I wrap my arms around his neck and keep kissing him. His hands go around my waist.

It's a loving kiss, it's a kiss that means so much. This kiss isn't about a drunk kiss, it isn't a kiss that you share at midnight in a dark room, it isn't a kiss that you share in a friendly way,

It's a kiss that means true love, whatever that is, I'm sure Peeta and I share it.

He holds me close, I am glad I forgave him, because I could never let him go.

In between the kiss Peeta whispers some words that I just catch.

'Will you stay with me?'

I pull back and look him right in the eyes, I know what he's hoping I'll say, and I won't let him down.

'Always.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated it for a while!

I hope you enjoyed this :)