Chapter 15 - Fighting

Katniss's POV

'Well I don't bake like you!' I yell at him.

'No you don't but I'd appreciate if you could at least try help me!' He snaps back. I am taken aback.

'Me? Try help you? Are you trying to tell me something Peeta? What, that I never help you with anything?!' I say angrily.

I'm pretty sure I have him beat. He looks down sadly. I know he feels guilty.

He walks off, leaving me standing in the bedroom alone. I now feel guilty, too. But I know he needs time, he's not one to get mad at me.

I fall down on the bed limply, staring at the ceiling. What is going wrong? We have been fighting a lot lately, mostly my fault, though.

Is this what it's like? To love someone this much, unable to control your anger. No. No it can't be. But I must admit Peeta and I have a great relationship apart from our fighting.

I hear the doorbell so I get up to go answer it.

Peeta's POV

I'm not in the best mood right now, I feel very bad for everything. I know I shouldn't, but I always do.

The doorbell rings, so I go to answer it. Katniss is already there. She opens the door and sees Marvel and Glimmer.

Glimmer screams of excitement and hugs Katniss tightly. Katniss looks shocked for a moment but slowly throws her arms around Glimmer. Marvel, who is standing behind Glimmer, waves at me.

Marvel looks sort of happy with a small smile on his face. When Glimmer finally releases Katniss she still wears a wide smile.

Katniss looks at her, confused. 'Glimmer, Marvel, what are you doing here?' She asks.

Glimmer giggles. 'We're here to stay for a few weeks!' It's then I notice the packed bags beside Marvel. Katniss looks at them, too.

I go stand next to Katniss and interrupt. 'Wait, what?' I ask.

This is not good. Katniss looks equally unsure. 'We're going to stay here! Come on, babe, let's go put these in the spare bedroom.' Glimmer orders.

Marvel picks them up and they walk past us like we're not there. Katniss looks at me. I sigh. 'We need to tell them.' She whispers. I look at them as they walk upstairs to the bedroom.

I follow up and go in. They put the bags down and look at me. Glimmer still looks very happy. This will be hard.

'Hey, uh, listen guys. I'm sorry, but we can't really let you stay. We have a lot going on and it's not a great time.' I tell them awkwardly.

They look shocked. Glimmer looks like she's about to cry. 'But we came all this way...so we could see you!' She exclaims.

I look at Marvel who is frowning. 'I know, I know. I'm so sorry. I really am...' I say, avoiding making eye contact.

Katniss walks in and stands by my side. Glimmer and Marvel look at her. 'Is this true?' Glimmer asks her. Katniss looks at me.

'I guess you told them, huh?' She whispers. I nod. She turns back to Glimmer and Marvel.

'Yes, Glimmer, it is. But believe me, we'll find a place for you to stay.' Katniss assures them. Glimmer still doesn't like the idea.

'Are you kidding? We didn't come all this way to stay at some cheap hotel!' Glimmer stomps her foot.

I really can't take this. I'm not going to be apart of a Glimmer tantrum, they get pretty ugly.

'Fine, you can stay.' I blurt out. Katniss shoots me a look. Marvel and Glimmer smile. 'Thank you so much Peeta!' Glimmer says excitedly.

She embraces Marvel and Marvel smiles gratefully at me. I slightly smile back and walk out. Katniss follows me out.

We get downstairs and she shakes her head. 'Peeta, are you kidding? You just cannot say no.' She is mad. Very mad.

I shrug. 'I try to make people happy.' I say simply. She is about to snap. I walk over to her and take her face in my hands. 'I'm sorry, but you know you want them here.'

She looks at me, still that burning fire in her eyes. But I know the truth. She sighs. 'You're right. I'm sorry, too.' She kisses me.

I kiss back. This is the first time in a little over a week we've actually kissed. I missed her lips. I missed that warm feeling of having her in my arms.

'We cannot fight.' She laughs. I grin. 'Not properly. But we can argue. No more arguing?' I ask. She kisses me one last time.

'No more arguing.' She agrees.

Maybe having a perfect relationship is impossible, but we'll try get as close as we can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like this chapter, we'll have more Finnick and Annie in the next...

Then maybe a little update on Cato and Clove :)

I think I might update now but we'll see! :)