Chapter 16 - Nightmares

Cato's POV

Oh.My.God.

I'm actually getting married in a WEEK.

I look down at my suitcase and the piled clothes packed inside. Clove and I will be going to stay at Peeta and Katniss's place until the wedding.

They're pretty full, with Marvel and Glimmer, luckily they have another spare bedroom.

I'm scared. I mean, very scared. I love Clove more than anything in this world, but this is the craziest thing I've ever done.

Clove told me we have to have a wedding at a Church. I thought a space in the forest would be wonderful, with the peaceful surroundings. But Clove insisted.

And I do anything for her.

Anything.

Katniss's POV

We have a packed week.

Clove and Cato are coming TOMORROW.

I'm happy for them, but at the same time, do they have to stay with us?

Anyway, whether I like it or not Clove wants this, and I need to be with her. Just until after the wedding.

Peeta is not so happy about it. After some convincing he agreed, he is Cato's best man.

Peeta and I settle down after a long day of preparing. We lie on bed and stay close together. He wraps his arms around me. I snuggle into his chest.

We lay there in silence for a moment before he asks something I don't expect.

'Do you think we'll ever get married?' I look up at him and see he's actually serious.

I gulp. Of course, I do expect to get married to him some day. He knows that. But he must mean soon. I'm not prepared for marriage. Or children.

I know he's wanted those two things since he was a boy, I just never thought I'd have to give them.

It's been a little too long. 'Sure. One day.' I reply. I know that's not what he meant, but I'm not really prepared for that conversation.

He nods his head sadly. Then he kisses my cheek lightly before turning off the light next to his bed. His arms release me and he faces the wall.

I look down at him. I know he is upset. But what can I do? He knows I'm not as willing to have those things as he is. I sigh, turning off my light and turning over to face the wall, as well.

I don't know how I'll get through tonight without Peeta's arms around me, it looks like I have no choice.

But nothing can keep away my nightmares except Peeta. I wake up screaming after a nightmare of them lying on the ground, lifeless. My mother...Prim.

Peeta is to my comfort in a flash. He takes me in his arms, letting me cry in his shirt. He whispers soothing words. I try to hold on to them.

Not because I want to, but because I need to.

Peeta's POV

'It's okay, Katniss. Shhh, it's alright.' I keep saying.

I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I just get over it? I know Katniss, what happened?

She needed me and I didn't even care. I hold her tightly.

She finally looks up at me. I stare into her eyes filled with tears. She sits up a little higher and kisses me.

Sometimes this happens, when she's really upset she kisses me, maybe it's to help her forget anything else. It's certainly what I do, anyway.

But this is different, a new experience. Like this is our first kiss. It feels new and fresh. I come up for breath after a little while. She smiles at me.

I miss her beautiful smile. The way she looks at you when she smiles, it makes you smile. Suddenly she frowns and the tears that were stuck in her eyes roll out.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I always think about them. It's just, whenever I think about Prim lying there. I mean, my mother as well. But Prim had so much life in her. Like she had so much to live for.' Katniss explains, starting to get emotional.

I embrace her again. 'I know, I know,' I whisper, 'she was a beautiful girl. Just like you. But you know something, Prim loved you, Katniss. She loved you so much. She still loves you, shes here. She never left.'

Katniss sniffles. 'Is my mother here, too?' She asks.

I look in to space, past our roof, in to the stars, looking for the thing Katniss loves.

I smile.

'She never left Prim, she'll never leave you.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so this chapter was sort of sad...but Clove and Cato are getting married soon so yay!

Thanks for all the reads, leave feedback below!!

Updating SOON!! :)