Chapter 19 - Wedding

Cato's POV
I look down at my empty glass. Damn.

I'm out of alcohol.

I start to feel a little light headed. Marvel told me to have a glass. I had the whole bottle.

'Hey, it's time.' Peeta walks in. I look up at him. 'Are you sure?' I ask.

He grins. 'Yes. Come on, it's time for you to get married.' He helps me up. I stumble a little, trying to balance. Peeta holds me.

'Are you alright?' He asks me curiously. My eyes try to find him before finally I see his blonde hair. I nod my head. 'Sure.' I reply drunkly.

Peeta doesn't question the fact that I can't even walk straight, he just helps me get outside and into his car.

I close my eyes slightly, trying to get over this nervous feeling in my gut. But that's when I realise I'm holding onto Marvel's hand.

I start, looking at him. He's sitting right next to me.

He stares at me in shock. I release his hand. 'Cato, it's okay...I don't think I'll be able to hold your hand down the aisle anyway.' He laughs.

I grin and lie my head on the window, looking outside. I close my eyes slightly.

That's when Finnick talks.

'How you going back there, Cato?' He grins at me in the mirror.

I sit up. 'Fine. Just fine. Maybe a little drunk.' I admit. Marvel looks at me.

'I gave you a glass.'

'I might have gotten carried away and had the whole bottle?'

'Cato!'

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll get over it. It'll help my nerves.'

'But you'll act like an idiot!'

'Hey, c'mon guys,' Finnick interrupts, 'Cato, my friend, don't worry about it. Almost everyone gets drunk at weddings. Just say the right things for the ceremony and then be as drunk as you want afterwards. But you don't look too bad so I'm sure it'll be fine.'

I grin. 'No worries.'

Katniss's POV

We arrive at the church. Clove is very excited.

We have time to go to our rooms which are set up for waiting.

There are already people there, we just have to wait. After some time the boys finally get there.

We don't see them but we know they're there because we get told. I'll be entering with Peeta.

I go outside and meet him before the wedding. We sit at a bench at the back of the church so no one sees us.

'This is insane.' I say, trying to avoid eye contact. 'I know.' Is all he says.

'I love them both so much.' I look at his suit. He looks so handsome, so grown up. Which is a weird thing for me to say, but most of the time I think of him as a high school boy.

He seems to be looking at my dress, too. 'Is it too soon?' He asks the question that has been on my mind all day.

'I don't know, I mean it's their choice. But if it was up to me...' I don't say anything else, he knows exactly what I mean.

He looks down. 'I love you Katniss. But I don't know. Everything that has happened these past couple of years, it's crazy.'

I stare at his sparkling eyes. He isn't the only one to think that it's crazy, no one saw this coming. No one saw the rollercoaster that was ahead of us. We were so caught up on being kids that we didn't know our lives would change.

I look down at a primrose that is nearby. Peeta's eyes follow mine.

'Prim.' He says.

'Prim.' I repeat.

'I told you she's always here. With us.' Peeta smiles.

'Always.'

Clove's POV

I'm walking down the aisle. I'm actually walking down the aisle!

Cato stands there, staring at me. I smile. He's such an amazing guy. I'm so lucky.

I glance at all the people on the side that congratulate me. Then I look at the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Then when I finally arrive to Cato my dad stands up and kisses my cheek.

I smile at him with admiration. Then I look at Finnick in the audience who grins my way.

I stand directly in front of Cato now. He stares into my eyes and the ceremony starts.

That's strange, it looks as if Marvel is slightly holding him up from behind. I ignore that, though.

I'm with my love. He looks wonderful in his tuxedo. Black and white. There is even a white flower on his suit jacket.

Everyone sits down and the priest starts talking. But I don't focus, because all I can think about is that I'm getting married.

We share our vows and finally comes the part I've been waiting for.

'Do you, Clove Grace, take Cato Hadley as your lawfully wedded husband?'

'I do.'

'Do you, Cato Hadley, take Clove Grace as your lawfully wedded wife?'

 'I do.'

'Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.'

Cato grins before he takes my hands and our lips crash. I feel the warmth through this kiss, but not only warmth, but love. As this is our first kiss as a married couple.

We have the applause and people congratulate us as we walk back down.

Just as we get outside Cato sweeps me up bridal style and I can't help to control my laughter. Peeta and Katniss trail behind us, smiling as we go along.

It's then I realise,

I've never been this happy in my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of this chapter? I think it's pretty cute!! :)

Do you agree with Peeta and Katniss that it's too soon? Or don't really mind?

Thanks for all these reads guys, as usual, updating soon!! :)