Chapter Eight

“Hannah, maybe we shouldn’t do this.”

Hannah pushed me towards the new guy, “This was YOUR idea. Plus, I have an awesome gaydar. A guy with hair that looks that awesome is definitely gay. Also, notice how his shoes are too perfectly matched with his outfit.”

“He could just be well-dressed.”

She turned me around so I was facing her, “Ken, He. Is. Gay.”

She poked me, continuing, “We are doing this, to prove to Julian that you are more than a random boy toy. He has to fight for you, if he wants you.”

I grumbled, “What if he decides to not care?”

Hannah smirked, “Then you can just continue hitting on the new guy, duh.”

I glared at her, “Wow. You’re such an amazing sister to Julian.”

She shrugged, “He shouldn’t have stolen all my hot dates.”

Saying so, she pushed me, knowing I didn’t expect it. I landed right on the new guy. I jumped right off him, quickly.

He flipped his hair, smiling, “It’s good to know I have guys falling over me, already.”

I blinked, a little stunned. “Did you just flip your hair?”

He raised an eyebrow, “Homophobe? Oh, I’ve got a fist here with your name on it, if you say yes.”

Hannah jumped right in, “KennyBenny is an awkward gay guy. Let me do the talking. He thinks you’re hot. You guys should make-out now. Please?”

He laughed, “Is KennyBenny into PDA?”

I stood there, trying to stop myself from hitting Hannah really hard. When did I ever say I wanted to make out with him? But then, I noticed how smooth his jaw looked, how soft his hair looked and-

Wait. Why was I even thinking about stuff like this? This was how I thought about Julian! I glared, “Haha. Thanks for that Hannah but I’m good. I can talk for myself. Also, no. KennyBenny does not approve of PDA. ALSO, you are simply ASSUMING Ken is gay.”

They both turned to grin at me.

"Oh, so you're still in the closet?"

Hannah nodded, "He claims to not be gay even though he's checking my brother out all the time. We agree with him to keep him amused."

Before I could say anything in my defence, Hannah nudged him, “So what’s your name again?”

He smiled, “I’ll answer that if Kenny gives me his number.”

“Actually, I’d prefer it if you called me Ken.”