Chapter Thirteen

I lay back, folding my arms under my head, staring at the sky. As usual, I ended up in the school’s rooftop garden. I had to avoid the library since Julian knew he could find me in there. I sighed contently and closed my eyes, drifting off.

I heard the door to the rooftop garden open and then, someone sat next to me quietly. I opened one eye and peeked at the newcomer. I smirked, “You’re becoming quite the stalker.”

Noam lay down next to me, stretching out as he stared up at the sky too.

“There’s something about you that keeps bringing me back.”

“Noam, I’m done lying.”

“You were never lying to me. You came out of the closet for me, remember?”

I winced slightly, “Yeah. I want you to know that I may have regretted it at the time but right now, I’m glad I did what I did.”

“That’s nice.”

“Yeah.”

“Does it have anything to do with that golden faced jerk, Julian?”

I laughed, “Maybe.”

“He’s the one who gave you those hickeys.”

I smiled, “Maybe.”

“I need to confess to something.”

“If you’re here to confess to the fact that you’re a crazy stalker, I already know.”

“I shall choose to ignore that. I’m here to confess to being a jerk.”

“Oh. You say that like I didn’t already know that.”

“I don’t expect you to forgive me for what I did.”

“You did what you had to.”

“I made out with a girl and didn’t stop them when I should and could have.”

“What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.”

“It nearly killed me when you left. I didn’t know it was that bad until I found out in the locker room.”

I turned to look at him as he kept looking up at the sky. He swallowed hesitantly and continued, “I’m moving here this week.”

I sat up, glaring at him, “What?”

He sat up, still not looking at me, “I’m not coming here because of you. Well, you were my main reason before but now, I just want to be accepted.”