Chapter Sixteen

I shivered slightly as the water trickled down past my ear. Is it just me or is no one else ticklish while you’re getting your hair washed at a salon?

I kept my eyes shut tight, too afraid to look in the mirror as I got my hair dried. Finally, Leslie, the nice lady working on my hair whispered, “You can open your eyes now, sweetie.”

I slowly opened one eye and then the other, my jaw dropping in awe.

I whispered reverently, “It’s like magic..”

She smiled, “Why, thank you.”

I shook my head slightly, brushing my hair. I didn’t have to look at that horrendous pink or purple anymore. Leslie had fixed my hair. In fact, she’d probably made it better! I watched my chocolate brown hair shine under the flattering salon lights.

I stood up shakily, “You have no idea how much I owe you for this.”

She laughed, “Actually, I do. I’ll hand you your bill in a few minutes.”

“Uh, yeah. We could do that.”

We walked to the cash counter, with me having a one sided conversation since I barely gave her anytime to respond.

After I paid, I pulled her in for a hug, “I really do owe you a LOT for this Leslie.”

She laughed awkwardly, “I have a boyfriend.”

I grinned, “Oh, I have one too! Well, sort of. Men are so complicated.”

Her eyes widened slightly, “O-Oh?”

I nodded and then walked away quickly. Clearly, I had made her feel a lot more uncomfortable. Right. Now that my hair situation was settled, I could go talk to Julian, Hannah and Lola. Time to settle this all.

I dialled Noam’s number, cursing myself for still knowing it by heart.

“Kenny!”

“Noam, get your evil, good for nothing, skanky ass to Cho’s Cafe. NOW.”

“Has it occurred to you that I might be busy right now?”

“Has it occurred to you that Julian will hunt you down if I don’t give him answers as to what happened last night?”

“See you in ten.”

“That’s what I thought.”

I cut the call, feeling like a badass.

Well. That was the easy part. Going through all the crazy things that happened last night was definitely going to prove to be harder.