Chapter Twenty

“Last Friday Night! Yeah we danced on tabletops, and we took too many shots, think we kissed but I forgot, LAST FRIDAY NIGHT!”

Mandy glared at me while I danced around, shaking my booty, “It’s Thursday! You haven’t even had your date yet!”

I rolled my eyes at her as I pinned my Manager badge proudly on my shirt, “I think someone’s jealous. Wait, why would you be? You have Xavier, who would be the King of Pineapple Sexyness if not for Julian.”

Mandy sighed, “Yeah. About that...”

“If you guys broke up, I’m going to cry and we’re going to be serving soggy fries to everyone.”

Mandy shrugged sadly, “We weren’t really together. I guess he just got bored. He hasn’t returned any of my calls or texts.”

I gasped, “That doesn’t even sound like Xavier! Are you sure he’s okay? Maybe he just-”

Mandy grimaced, “I’m done with excuses, Kenny. If he really liked me, he’d find a way to contact me or something. Plus, he seemed absolutely fine, judging from his latest Facebook status.”

“Are you creeping on his profile?”

“I was a little worried! I thought he’d died or something.”

“Trust me, if someone as hot as Xavier died, Cheerio Global Warming!”

Mandy looked at me blankly.

I sighed, “Because all his hotness melts the ice? So if he was dead, we’d have no more-”

Mandy slapped her hand over my mouth, “Thank you, Einstein, I got it. I just don’t think Xavier’s all that hot. I mean, he’s hot but not as hot as-”

She stopped herself and pretended to cough. I raised an eyebrow, unable to say anything since she still had her hand on my mouth.

She quickly pulled her hand away, “Sorry, about that.”

“Mandy, if the next word was going to be Julian, I wouldn’t blame you. He’s MINE, though.”

Mandy whispered a name and if I hadn’t actually been listening carefully, I would have thought I imagined it. I quickly adjusting my badge again and strode out of the kitchen, making sure I put the music up even higher than required.

Mandy followed me out, a few minutes later, standing at the register next to mine. She snorted, “How ironic.”

I didn’t really want to talk to her for a few minutes but I looked at her from the corner of my eye, waiting for her to explain. She smiled, “The song.”

I tried not to smile but I had to. Brokenhearted by Karmin was playing and I knew she was probably thinking of her situation with Xavier. But honestly, I cannot believe she’d think the Devil herself, was hotter than Xavier. Oh yeah, I said HERself.