Chapter 25 - Two Words For My Annabelle Louise (Bonus)

7 months later...

(Annabelle's POV)

I stared into Peter's eyes as he stared into mine. He was the only thing on my mind; the only person I wanted on my mind. Our hands were intertwined and I was pretty sure neither of us were listening to the Priest standing next to us. We had waited so long for this day, our wedding day. It felt like only yesterday Peter had asked me to be his girlfriend but here we were almost five years later. We wanted a small, simple wedding, close friends and family only. Over the past few years, Peter and I had made a small group of friends. I had no bridesmaids and Peter had no groomsmen. We weren't the traditional type. So it was only us and the Priest at the alter.

"Are you ready to speak your vows?" The Priest asked and we both nodded. Peter cleared his throat.

"I remember when I was around six years old, it was the day after my parents had left me with my Aunt and Uncle, there was a knock at their door. My Aunt May answered it and then called me over. In the doorway was Annabelle, who at the time I didn't realize would become the most important person in my life. It was from that day on that she was there for me and I for her." Peter started. "We were instant best friends. When we got to high school, I began to understand just how much I love you. I knew that you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with I just had to wait for the day where you told me the same." Tears began to roll down my cheeks as Peter continued. "You're my everything and I cannot wait to be with you for as long as we live." Peter wiped the tears from my eyes. I gave a nervous laugh.

"How am I supposed to compete with what you just said?" I mumbled and Peter laughed. I wiped my eyes a final time and began my vows. "I was never going to admit this but the day we met my mother had to persuade me to go over to your Aunt's house to introduce myself. I was annoyed then but I'm thankful now because I know on that day I met my soulmate I just didn't know it until later." I turned and looked at my mother. "So thank you mom, for sending me across the street to meet the little boy my age." I giggled and she smiled back at me. I faced Peter once more. "We had our ups and downs, there was a time where I thought I hated you but I never could. I love you more than you'll ever know. And I will stay by your side no matter what should happen, nothing will scare me away." I finished and Peter had tears in his eyes just as I had. The Priest looked between us both before continuing.

"Do you, Annabelle Louise, take Peter Parker, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" The Priest asked and I smiled at Peter.

"I do." I answered and placed the ring on his finger. The Priest turned his attention to Peter.

"Do you, Peter Parker, take Annabelle Louise, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" He asked. Peter nodded.

"I do." He answered and placed the ring on my finger. The Priest smiled at both of us.

"Then it is with the power invested in me that I now pronounce you Man and Wife." The Priest announced. "You may kiss the bride." Peter pulled me close and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss as our families cheered for us. We pulled away and leaned our foreheads against one another. After a second we turned to face our family. As I looked at the small crowd, I saw the five empty chairs in the front, each one held a picture. One for my father, two for Peter's parents and another for his Uncle. The fifth and final one had Gwen's picture on it. I wished more than anything that she was here for this. She was cheering for Peter and I before we were even dating. I missed her so much and I would continue to everyday.

Peter grabbed my hand and we walked down the aisle, ready to celebrate the happiest day of our lives.

———