Chapter 13 - Shopping

Two weeks later...

(Annabelle's POV)

Peter is Spider-Man. Peter saved me twice. I complained to Peter about him. I told him everything. I was sitting in the living room replaying what had happened two weeks ago. I was still beyond pissed with Peter. Although part of me began to wonder how Peter felt trying to keep this secret from everyone. He must have been so conflicted. I should explain I'm not mad about the secret but the fact that Peter let me tell him my feelings about him. I felt tricked and that hurt. The front door open and broke me from my thoughts.

"Hello?" I yelled out.

"Its just me." I heard my mother respond. We haven't really talked since that night I figured out who my father was. There were small conversations here and there but we both evaded the topic. I sighed and got up from the couch heading into the kitchen. I need to start fixing my relationships with people. I found my mother putting food into the fridge.

"Mum can w-" I started, but she turned around and interrupted me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She said. "It was just hard because your father didn't want to be with us but then you befriended Gwen. I knew the truth would come out soon after."

"I should apologize too." I admitted but my mom shook her head and walked over to me pulling me into a hug. I hugged back instantly.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too." I released her from the hug and went back into the living room. I saw my phone light up as I walked in. I picked it up and saw it was a text from Gwen.

Gwen :

Wanna hang out? Idk maybe go shopping or something?

Me :

Sure. What time?

Gwen :

An hour?

Me :

Sounds good, see ya.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and made my way to my room.

"Mum! I'm going shopping with Gwen in an hour." I shouted as I walked by the entrance to the kitchen.

"Ok!" I heard her shout back. I ran up the stairs and shut my door.

--------------

I looked at my phone to check the time, I still had ten minutes until Gwen should arrive. I picked up my remote and turned the TV on. I kept flipping through channels until I found something I liked. Unfortunately there was nothing good on so I just put it on Disney. I think the show that was on was called 'Gravity Falls'. It looked interesting enough so I left it on. My phone went off a couple times but I ignored it because I was too engulfed into the show. I then realized Gwen would be here any minute so I shut off the TV reluctantly. I grabbed my satchel, that contained my phone, keys and wallet.

"Anna! Gwen is here!" My mom yelled up. Perfecting timing.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I ran down the stairs and walked over to the door, where Gwen was waiting.

"Why didn't you answer any of my texts" She asked.

"Oh that was you? Sorry I was watching 'Gravity Falls'." I answered. Before she could ask why I was watching it, I quickly added, "Let's go." and ushered her out the door. I looked over my shoulder. "Bye mom!" I yelled.

"Bye!"

"So where we going shopping?" Gwen asked as we stepped outside.

"How's the mall sound?"

"Perfect."

----------------

"It's such a beautiful night." I said as Gwen and I were walking back to my house. The weather was just right. It wasn't too hot or cold and there was a nice breeze. I took in a deep breath.

"I agree, it is nice tonight." Gwen said. "How are things with Peter?" She asked. I knew this was coming, she had avoided asking all day. I could answer her but I couldn't tell her everything.

"Not good. In fact I'd say its gotten worse." I answered. "But I'm hoping it will get better soon." Oh how I wish I could tell her everything, but even though I'm mad at Peter, I won't expose his secret.

"Oh I see. Is he still being a jerk?" She asked. I nodded.

"In a way, he is, but at the same time he's not." I answered as truthfully as I could. We walked up the short pathway to my house and I opened the front letting both of us in. "Mom! We're back!" I shouted. She came walking around the corner.

"Did you two girls walk home?" She asked.

"Yeah." Gwen responded. "It was really nice out."

"You could've called me for a ride." She said.

"We were fine with walking." I said. Gwen and I both shrugged.

"I better get home, before it gets any later." Gwen stated and went to open the door. My mom quickly walked over and stopped her.

"Gwen, dear, I'm not letting walk home at night alone. I'll drive you." My mom said.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" Gwen asked.

"Not at all. I'll go start the car now, you meet me out there." She said. Gwen nodded.

"Thank you." She said.

"No problem." My mom said and went outside to start the car. Gwen give me a quick hug.

"See ya later." She said.

"See ya." I responded. She started to head out the door but stopped.

"Oh wait, I almost forgot. Do you want to sleepover tomorrow night?" Gwen asked. She must have noticed the nervousness on my face and continued. "I've got Netflix, candy and popcorn. Plus we have the project we need to work on." She said and smirked. I laughed a little.

"How could I say no to all that?" I asked. "I suppose I'll come over." I gave in but Gwen seemed happy at my response.

"Ok why don't you come over around six?" She said. I nodded.

"Alright." Gwen walked down the pathway towards the side walk, when she turned around.

"Oh and you can eat dinner at my house tomorrow." She smiled and walked off. I waved even though she couldn't see me and shut the front door.

"Can't wait." I mumbled. This will probably be a very awkward dinner to say the least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my friends! Can I call you my friends? Yeah I'm gonna call you guys my friends.

It's been a month since I updated! I'm so bad with updating. I leave you guys for like a month and then give you one of the shortest updates ever. Well fear not for this was just a filler chapter! And the next one should be longer...hopefully.

I've just been so busy with school and other things. September is my busiest month of the year, but its over now so hopefully I can get updates up more often.

Hope to see you soon!

~Kai