Chapter 11 - She's Dancing With Strangers

(Annabelle's POV)

I slowly opened my eyes to the sun shining in my face. I squinted at the light letting my eyes adjust and then rolled over to glance at my clock. It was only nine in the morning which meant I have two hours until I have to be at work. I got out of bed and went downstairs to get some breakfast. I had skipped out on dinner last night so I was really hungry at this point. Imy mom wasn't home so I don't have to worry about speaking with her. I poured myself some Cheerios and sat down at the island. Before I had gone to bed last night, I had checked my phone for any missed calls or texts, I had two texts and one missed call. The texts were both from Gwen. One read, 'Your mother is getting extremely worried.' The other read, 'I'm heading home, you should too. See you in school.' The missed call was from Peter. He didn't leave a message, so I don't know what he wanted to talk about. Although I'm pretty sure it had to do with last nights events. I debated on calling him back, maybe this was a chance to talk things over, put all this behind us. But on the other hand maybe it wasn't. I was still angry at him, but he did apologize. I guess I'll decide on this matter later.

I put my bowl in the sink and went back up to my room. When I was back in my room I threw on some music. I took a quick shower and threw on a nice outfit, well nice enough for Oscorp. I was brushing out my hair in front of my mirror when someone appeared at my window. I smiled and opened the window.

"Good morning, Belle." Spider-Man greeted as he hopped in through the window. "Nice music, by the way."

"Good morning." I replied and went back to brushing my hair.

"What are you getting ready for?" He asked as he sat down on my desk chair.

"I have work in and hour and twenty-five minutes." I responded as I pulled my hair into a ponytail.

"Fun."

"So what can I do for the city vigilante today?" I asked.

"Actually I have a question." He started. I nodded for him to continue with the question. "How do you know you're in love?" He asked. I was sure my cheeks had just gone red, because my thoughts instantly went to Peter.

"Well you know you're in love when all you can think about is that one person. You'll notice their flaws but you won't mind them. You'll find yourself getting lost in their eyes. Well at least that's what I think." I explained as best as I could. "Are you in love with someone?"

"Yeah, I think I am." He mumbled. "Are you?"I walked over and hugged him and he hugged back.

"I don't know anymore." I answered. "So who's this person you think you're in love with?"

"She's a smart, beautiful girl. But she likes to pretend I don't even exist." He responded. I sat down on my bed.

"That's tough, I'm sorry." I said. I had forgotten my music was playing until 'When We Were Young' by Adele came on shuffle. I stood up and turned the volume up. "I love this song." Spider-Man walked over to me.

"Would you care to dance with me?" He asked as he held out his hand. I smiled and took his hand and placed my other on his shoulder as he placed his other on my waist. We swayed back and forth slowly and I leaned my head onhis shoulder. As the song was coming to an end, Spider-Man dipped me. Once I was brought back up we continued to stand there even as the next song came on. I didn't want this moment to end, I was enjoying it way too much. But we both jumped apart when I received a reminder from my phone about work.

"I guess I should probably go." I sighed as I grabbed my phone and bag. "Thanks for the dance Spidey. That girl who is ignoring you, doesn't deserve a gentlemen like you." I advised. I couldn't see Spider-Man's reaction to what I said but I only hoped that he understood.