Chapter 6 - The Stunned Spider

(Annabelle's POV)

"Belle! Wait, please!" Peter yelled to me. I ignored him and kept walking towards the exit of the school. If he thought I would talk to him after what happened yesterday he was dead wrong. As I continued to storm away I hadn't noticed he had caught up to me. Peter then grabbed my arm forcing me to stop walking.

"Let me go." I said sternly looking up at his face. Peter released my arm slowly.

"Hear me out, first." He begged quietly.

"Why should I? Why should I listen to someone who's never around when I need them? When others need them?" I asked. Peter was silent. I scoffed. "That's what I thought." I turned on my heel and started walking away again.

"I'm busy doing important things." Peter finally said. I turned around in anger.

"What things?! What could be more important than your aunt, your safety, school and me?" I asked, yelling at this point. "If you'd just tell someone it would make more sense! But keeping it yourself it makes everyone who cares about you worry." He shook his head.

"I can't tell you." Peter said for about the umpteenth time. I didn't respond to him I just simply turned around and walked away, like nothing had happened. I left him standing there and he didn't chase after me this time, much to my relief but also my disappointment. I quickly wiped the corners of my eyes before any tears could slip out. I wouldn't cry over him not yet at least.

--------------

My walk home was quicker than past ones and I was grateful for that. Once I got into my house I went to the kitchen to grab a snack. I took said snack, which was a bag of chips, up to my room and laid down on my bed.

"Thank god its Friday." I whispered to myself and closed my eyes. I popped a few chips into my mouth. Not long after I laid down, I heard a tapping on my window. At first I believed it was Peter, but when I opened my eyes a smile grew onto my face. "Hey Spidey! Come in." I said as I opened my window.

"Hello, Belle." He greeted as he hopped through the window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He sat down in the chair at my desk.

"I just thought I'd swing by and say hello." He answered. "And I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go for a swing around the city." He added rather quickly. I smiled again.

"I'd love to." Spider-Man jumped up from the chair and hopped back out the window. "Do you ever use doors?" I asked as I approached the window. He shrugged.

"Sometimes. Now come on, there's something I want to show you." He explained. I climbed out of the window and walked over to Spider-Man. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Hold on tight." He said and in a flash we were swinging through the air.

"Where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity. The gush of wind rushing against my face made me unsure if Spider-Man even heard me but he soon answered.

"It's a surprise." I rolled my eyes. I kept my eyes shut for the most part, not wanting the wind to dry them out.

"What is it with boys and everything being surprises?" Spiderman just laughed.

--------------

Soon enough Spider-Man set me down on the roof of a building.

"Here we are." He said and led me over towards the edge of the roof facing the sun. "What do you think?" He asked, hesitation in his voice.

"The view is amazing!" I exclaimed. "And the sunset is just beautiful." I continued. Spiderman mumbled something, I think, but it could've just been my imagination. "Did you say something?" I asked. He shook his head no. It was my imagination then. I sat down and let my feet hang over the edge. If my mother could see me she'd be screaming at me to get down. Spiderman sat down next to me, swinging his feet back and forth.