Why me?

Tris

I still couldn't figure out why Tobias was so sad. It was starting to make me angry. I was still in the hospital hooked up to an oxygen tank. No one would tell me why I was or what exactly happened. I have been sleeping for long periods of time. I'm hoping that I will be stronger soon.

One week later...

A nurse came into my room and told me I had visitors today. Finally. Maybe someone would explain. it was Christina and Uriah! They had survived!

"Hi!" Christina said with excitement and tears of joy rolled down we face. "We're so glad you made it!" They placed flowers on the table next to my bed. They were beautiful with an assortment of different colors. They stayed with me for a little while and then Tobias entered the room. " Hi Tris " he said smiling. He kissed me and then sat down next to Uriah.

" So." he said in all seriousness. " I have been waiting to tell you something. Some bad news. " Oh no. This is what I have been dreading, bad news. " When you were almost killed by David he shot something at you. We thought it was a bullet but it wasn't. It was a capsule that contained an awful disease that we haven't been able to cure yet. Water will fill up in your lungs not allowing you to breathe. That is why you are hooked up to an oxygen tank. It will be like this for the rest of your life. If you stay here...."

What did he mean if you stay here? Of course I'm staying here. What was he suggesting? What just happened. I should be glad that I'm alive but what would the consequences be?

I then noticed that Christina, Uriah and Tobias were all crying now. There was something else that they weren't telling me. I needed to find out. I was going to stay here with them no matter what.