Hope

Christina

I woke up in a bed. A woman was sitting next to me with a cool compress on my forehead.

The woman was old with grey hair. She looked frail but very kind. She seemed trustworthy.

"You're awake!" She said with a sweet tone. "We were worried about you. What's your name?"

"Christina." I answered.

"Well, Christina you have been unconscious for a day now. You were running and just fell to the ground. I got help and we brought you back here. If you don't mind me asking what were you running from?" She asked

"I don't know" I replied. "Something grabbed my friends silently so we couldn't hear. They would disappear. There were five of us. When it was just my friend and I we kept running and eventually I noticed that he was gone! It all happened in a matter if minutes. Do you know where they could have been taken to?"

"There is one of two people that could have captured your friends. Neither place they could have escaped. One is a testing center where there is only one entrance and exit and another. Like a death camp. They're the only ones with guns around here. If your friends are there then there is no hope. They are gone." She said.

It was silent for a while. I as trying to process all if this information. I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in any longer. What could I do now?

"I think it's best that you stay here for a little while. Get better. You will be safe here I promise you. My name is Katherine. I will back in a little while. Get some sleep ok?"

"Okay." I said. I soon drifted back to sleep.

Caleb

We are leaving in a couple of minutes. We will be safe in the village we are traveling too, hopefully. We can then find the others. Daniel has promised to send any of our friends back to the village so we can be together again. It all happened so fast. So quickly. I lost my sister and I don't know where she is. We have to get to Panem. I can't stand her not knowing who I truly am anymore. Yes it's been nice to not think of me as a traitor but it all seems fake. Unloving. She will forgive me at some point. That's my only hope.

"Are you ready?" Daniel asked.

"Yes." Uriah and I said simultaneously.

"Let's go then." Daniel said.

We started to climb out of the hole. It wasn't a particularly hard climb if you had the right tools to do so. I don't know how tris and Tobias made it up here. Dauntless. That's what it is.

"We are almost there." Uriah said.

"Thank god." I said.

Daniel chuckled. But hey I was in Erudite. I mean we aren't exactly climbing out of holes all day.

We finally got to the top.

"Okay. We are going to head this way. Follow me and try to be quiet." Daniel said.

" why do we have to be quiet?" Uriah asked.

" because there is another village around here. Like a death camp. You know it's them because they are the only ones with guns. They show no mercy." Daniel replied.

Well then. I guess we better keep our mouths shut. I thought to myself.

******************************************

What do you guys think? I have been trying to update twice a day this week because I am on spring break. The chapters have been short I'm sorry!!!

I hope you guys are enjoying my story! Remember to comment what you think. I really like hearing feedback from you guys!!