Tris

Tris

I heard a gun shot. Tobias must be dead. I wish I cared more but I don't know him. Or remember him. I start to run and run and run but I'm not fast enough. They caught up to me. Now I am in a truck as a prisoner I am assuming. I don't know where I'm going.

Seven minutes later

The truck came to a stop. We climbed out and a man handcuffed me.

"Follow me. " He said.

I followed him and he locked me up in a small cell. Great. I was stuck. Scared. Worried. I don't even understand. One minute I was in my house excited to not have cancer and the next second I find myself here in a prison cell. I needed some time to think. I layed down on my side and fell asleep hoping that this was all a dream.

I woke up and it was night time. I looked around and sure enough I was still in the cell. This wasn't a dream. I began to panic again.

A couple hours later someone came to my cell. It was the same man that put me in it.

"Come with me." He said.

He took me through many rows and rows of cells until we reached an opening. He told me to sit down and a table in the middle of the room. There was another man there sitting across from me.

"State you name." He said

What name should I give him? Beatrice or hazel?

"Beatrice Prior." I decided

"Age"

"Seventeen" I replied.

"Where were you traveling to?" he asked.

"Panem"

"Why were you traveling there?"

"I was with four others and we were going to live there." I lied.

"Where are you originally from" he asked.

"Chicago" I replied.

"Are you aware of the term Divergent?" he asked.

I had heard of them. I think Tobias mentioned that I was one.

"Yes everyone knows about them" I replied.

"Do you happen to be one?" he asked.

"Why is that relevant?" I asked.

"Just curious." He replied.

"Yes. I am Divergent" I said.

"Peter take her back to her cell." He demanded.

Peter led me back to my cell.

"Beatrice?" Peter said.

"Yes is there a problem with my name?" I said.

" You don't remember me? it's me peter." He said.

"Do you know Tobias?" I asked

"Of course I do. Why are you acting so weird Stiff?" he asked

"I forgot all of my memories that's why we are going to Panem." I confessed.

"Well if you ever want to get there we need to get you and Tobias out of here soon." He said

"I thought Tobias was dead." I said.

"No. He's in a cell not for from yours. We need to get out of here. Maybe I could go with you guys. I can't stay here much longer. It's awful. We can leave tomorrow. I know a village near by that is safe." Peter said.

"Thank you." I replied.