Whack

Tris

Whack. Whack. Whack

Whack. Whack. Whack.

That's all I heard over and over again.

Whack. Whack. Whack.

Whack. Whack. Whack.

All against my back. The whip swung one more time. I hear footsteps from a distance.

"Stop. She's done." The voice said. The man dragged me back to my cell

I was bleeding everywhere. I started to cry because the pain was unbearable. Footsteps returned.

It was that boy Peter. He cared bandages and some water. He cleaned me up without speaking. He stared at me for a second.

"I'm sorry." He said and then left my cell. I lay on my stomach that night. The pain was still too much. I couldn't fall asleep and I started to cry. I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to the opening of my cell.

"Come on." The man said.

He led me into another room where there were sacks of something in a pile. Next to that there was a truck.

"Move all of the sacks to the truck. Now. " He said.

The sacks were very heavy and there were so many of them.

After three hours of lifting my back was burned and sweaty and i knew the bandages would come off soon.

Six hours later I was done. he dragged me back into my cell. I was too out of breath. This wasn't good. Especially with my old cancer my lung haven't fully recovered.

Ten minutes later Peter came in again and began his routine again without speaking. He handed me some food and water.

"We are getting out tomorrow. We leave in the morning. Here is some ointment that I am putting on your back. It will help your back to heal faster. I will see you early in the morning. It's important to get good sleep tonight. " He said calmly.

"Thank you." Was all I could manage.

I fell asleep shortly after he left.