Caleb

Caleb

I heard Tris scream. We all ran. We lost Tobias along the way. But we kept running. After a few minutes something hit me on the head. I spun around and punched it in the jaw. It fell to its knees but then knocked me out. I looked and saw that Christina and Uriah were still running.

I wonder if they knew. If they were just going to abandon me. Or maybe not. This is what I thought of when I woke up. I was on a cot. To my right there were two empty cots that looked like they had been slept in just a minute ago. It was dark. Two people were arguing in front of me. I tried to listen in.

"Where did they go?" The first man said.

"I don't know! They shouldn't have been able to get out so easily. The medicine should have made them sleepy for a longer period of time. There was something different about their genetics though. Something pure. Is it true what they say?" The second man asked.

"Daniel. If it is then they're dangerous and can't be controlled. They're divergent. We have never come across one before and now two come along! Something changing. I'm afraid war may be starting." The first man said.

"Again?" Daniel asked.

"Yes. Again." The first man replied.

While they muttered on and on I looked around. There were no entrances or exits. I looked up. Sure enough there was a big hole. That's how they got out. That's how I'm getting out.

"I want someone guarding this room at all times. No one can get out again." The first man said.

"I will guard it for now." Daniel said.

The first man left through a secret entrance. I go there too I guess. I thought to myself.

"Where am I?" I asked Daniel. After a couple seconds he replied. "Good he's gone. I have a lot to tell you."