Pineapples and Scarecrows

The next morning, well, atleast I assume it's morning, the door opens at the end of the hall. I'm currently laying on the floor of the cell, recounting the tiles on the ceiling above me for the hundredth time. I assume it's someone bringing a meal or Ibiki trying to get more information out of me, so I don't bother to look up. I imagine it would be even better if it were the executioner coming to kill me. I wouldn't want to leave Hidan behind though, since I'd gone through all the effort to dig him back up. Someone clears their throat and a click echoes through the space right after.
"I thought I told you that I never wanted to see you again."
"Hello Pineapple Head. If you close your eyes, you'll never see me again."
Shikamaru sighs and I can smell the smoke from his cigarette coming toward me. "Why did you come back, Koneko? You would've been safe if you hadn't."
"Like I've told everyone I came in contact with, I have a meeting with the Hokage. No one will take me to him though. Go tell Kakashi that I'm here, you'll see."
I sit up and stare him down, trying to get him to see the truth.
"Why would Lord Hokage want a meeting with you?"
"Because he's my father. That's a secret though, so keep it hush hush, yeah?"
"Kakashi, your father? That's a little hard to believe Koneko."
"You're telling me. It turned my shit upside down when I found out."
"Did you dig up the body of the Akatsuki member in my backyard?" He asks suddenly.
"Uh, no? That's a little strange, don't you think?" I lie while suppressing a laugh.
"He disappeared after the day I saw you and you were covered in mud then."
"Coincidences, Dear. Now, all of that aside, will you do me one favor, please?"
"I don't think you're really in the position to ask for favors, do you?"
"I don't think you're really in the position to deny me." I challenge, smirking at him through the bars. "Just go to Kakashi and tell him that I'm here. You don't have to tell him anything else, just that I'm here. Please?"
"I'll see what I can do. Just... don't do anything stupid. I put my neck out for you last time and let you go, so don't go dying just yet."
"Same to you."

                 Shortly after Shikamaru leaves, I get bored and begin loudly singing drinking songs I'd picked up from different bounty hunts. The door at the end slams open and I peek out through the bars to find Ibiki coming toward me. I back away from the bars two steps and wait for him to get close to me before bowing deeply and welcoming him to my home.

"Where is the location to the Akatsuki base?" He asks, ignoring my pleasantries.
"It is where it has always been."
"And where is that exactly?"
"It's where it is. My question is, why would you care to know? They're all dead and there's nothing of importance that was left behind."
"I could kill you instantly, child. You're a criminal and your precious little friends are dead. No one would miss you."
"Ah, but you wouldn't kill me. If you wanted my death, you would have killed me already. You are looking for information and I am the sole holder of said information. You need me."
His hand shoots through the bars and I let them wrap around my throat again.
"I lived with the Akatsuki for almost three years. I lived with some of the most infamous criminals that ever existed, I. Don't. Fear. You." I growl out as I glare at him.

                 The door at the end of the hall opens, breaking our silent battle for power, and I'm silently grateful because oxygen is very, very important. His grip lessens enough that I can breathe again and I attempt to gain back all of the air I can while he's distracted. My eyes trail away from his and lock onto the newcomer.

"H-Hello there K-Kakashi-sensei." I choke out before trying to grin at him.
Ibiki turns and his facial expression changes only slightly.
"Lord Hokage, what are you doing here?"
"Well, sources told me that my guest had arrived and ended up here, so I came to get her."
"See? I fucking told you I had a meeting with him! Now let me go, Jackass." I snap while trying to wiggle out of his grasp.
"But she's the last Akatsuki member, we've been looking for her. There's no way I'm setting her free!" Ibiki argues.
"Ah, but I'm the Hokage and I would say that my wishes take precedence over yours. Let her go."
I smirk, realizing where I'd gotten my smartass attitude. Ibiki reluctantly releases me and glares at Kakashi before unlocking my cell.
"While we're here, I'd like to negotiate the return of my effects?" I pipe up, interrupting their glares.
"That can be arranged." Kakashi assures me while giving Ibiki a pointed look.
I move to Kakashi's side and hold out my chained wrists to Ibiki.
"For your safety, Lord Hokage, and the safety of the villagers, she needs to remain bound until further notice." Ibiki tells Kakashi as he glares at me.
"I suppose that is logical. Let's go Koneko."
I nod up at my father before turning back to Ibiki.
"I forgot something..." I mutter before jumping up and kicking Ibiki in the face. "Kiss my ass."

                 "So, what did you want me here for, Father?" I ask as I lean back against the edge of his desk. The entire trip over from the ANBU headquarters to the Hokage's building was tense and awkward due to the stares of the passerby and the ninja stationed around the village. I ignored them and my held my head high, oozing confidence.
"I wanted to privately discuss exactly what happened to you three years ago when you left our training area and never came back."
I remember my vague and hurried explanation I'd given him when I confronted him about being my father. I sigh and plop down on a chair across from the desk.
"You realize that this is a story that takes place over the course of three years and there are plenty of things that I am going to omit, whether you like it or not?"
"I am aware."
"Great. Well, a few months before I left, I had been secretly dating someone that wasn't from the village, he turned out to be an Akatsuki member. I went to our meeting spot on the outskirts of the village after I left to 'get food' just so I could hide away from everyone. We didn't maintain contact so I never knew if or when he'd be around. He showed up and we argued because I didn't want to leave and I had a meltdown that led to me passing out. When I came to I was being taken away to the Akatsuki. I was being lied to in order to gain my trust because he thought my strength would be worth them having..."