Sent Away

HIDAN'S POINT OF VIEW. 

                       It's been a week now and Koneko hasn't gotten better. I've been trying to keep a watch on her fevers and coughing and the cough seems to be getting worse. I need to get her proper care but I don't know how to get her to a hospital without being spotted and us hurt. From my chair at the edge of her bed, I lean over to turn the rag over and an idea starts to form. There's a pair of young rogues that have set up their base about a mile away. I don't trust them with Koneko of course, but I could probably pay them to run a note to her father and arrange a meeting spot for him to get her. I will be out of sight but watching of course. It's the best idea that I've got and I know she needs medical care very soon. I track down a piece of paper and a pen before returning to her room and scribble out a note. I don't sign it, naturally, and hope that Kakashi will actually believe it and come help her.

                 After waking Koneko enough to tell her that I'd return quickly, I leave the base and head off in the direction of the rogues' base. I find the girl first, a short red head with a bad temper. I'd made deals with them earlier in the week to get food and medicines for Koneko and they'd done them but nothing was helping my partner. The girl's violet eyes meet mine and narrow dangerously. We don't get along.
"Where's your brother?" I ask, ignoring the glare.
"What's it to you, Jashinist?" Ooh, big insult there.
"My partner is getting worse. I need you to deliver something to the Hokage for me."
She scrunches up her nose in disgust at the mention of the Hokage. "Ew, what could you possibly want to give him?"
"Does it matter? I'll pay you both if you do it. Just make sure it gets to his desk without you being seen."
"Fine, fine. Hey Kioshi! The Jashinist has another job for us." She calls out over her shoulder.
A moment later, her older brother comes into view. He offers a polite smile at me and I ignore it. I don't have time for pleasantries.
"What do you need, Hidan?"
"Take this to the Hokage's desk. That's all." I tell him, extending the scroll toward him.
"Is Koneko getting worse?"
"Are you going to do it or not?"
"Yeah, we've got it."
"I'll pay you when you get back." I tell him before leaving to return to Koneko.

                 I admit, I do blame myself for her getting sick. I shouldn't have messed with her the way I did, and I should've stopped her before she left the base. I honestly don't know what I'd do if she dies because of this. It's pretty lonely sometimes, being here with just the two of us, and I can't imagine being alone completely. Before she came into the picture, I wouldn't have cared, I would've celebrated being alone. That little Short Stack is changing me. I don't know how to deal with that...

                 When I return to the base I go straight to her room to find the bed and her bathroom empty. Where the hell did she go!? I turn on my heel and head to the kitchen and then the other rooms of the base. There are no signs of a struggle and no one could've gotten in without the proper code. The only room I hadn't checked is my own, but why would she go there? I let out a sigh of relief as I find her curled up on my bed, her head on one pillow and the other secured in her arms. I sit down on the edge of the bed and move a section of hair from her face. Her eyes slowly open, the bright blue color taking me off guard for a second.
"You're back." She mutters, a small smile crossing her flushed face.
"I told you I would be back. Why'd you come in here?" I ask.
"I couldn't sleep. I couldn't smell you anymore."
What the hell does she mean by that?
"Oh..." I reply, not knowing what else to say. "You're too sick to be moving around on your own, you should've stayed put."
"I'm sorry. Where'd you go?"
"I asked the siblings to get something for me in one of the villages. That's all."
I don't know how she'd react to me basically sending her away. Hopefully when I go to meet him, she'll sleep through it.

                 Three days later I check back with the siblings and find them just arriving back. They look like they'd been in a fight but I don't ask and instead ask if they did what I told them to do. Michiko glares up at me before stalking off, leaving me to look to her brother for an answer. Apparently it didn't go as planned but the letter reached him. They got into Konoha without problems and even into the office but Kakashi got there two seconds after they got in. They faked 'surrender' and told him that they had a letter to give him and Kakashi took it. After reading it, he told them to leave and they almost made it out but was spotted by ANBU. They managed to make it back though. I hand Kioshi the money I'd promised and turn to leave.

"She's the Hokage's daughter, isn't she?" He asks and I tense up.
"What of it?"
"How the hell are you not dead for keeping his daughter?"
"I'm immortal."
I return to my room in the base. Since Koneko seemed comfortable, I didn't want to move her when I'd found her a few days back and decided to let her stay. She's still asleep with a light fever and a rattling in her chest. I curse and hope like hell that Kakashi is already where we're supposed to be. Hopefully he didn't turn it into an ambush or anything. I'd hate to have to kill her father. I pack a small bag with some of her clothing before picking her up and carrying her out of the base.

                 I reach the edge of the clearing that I'd asked him to go to and he's not there. I move into the clearing and gently lay her down, using her pack as a pillow, then slip up into the trees to wait. A few minutes later, Kakashi arrives with the fucking Pineapple kid and I clench my fists in an attempt to calm my anger. I hate that kid but I can't fucking kill him until Koneko is better. Kakashi and the kid make their way over to her while the kid is scanning the area.
"Do we really trust this stranger to not try to kill you by using Koneko as a trap?" He asks.
"Do you really think I'm scared? Besides, she really is sick. Let's go." I watch as Kakashi picks her up.
"Ibiki will probably try to kill her, you realize that right? He hates her."
"I'm sadly still the Hokage. He can't touch her. She'll be safe until she's better."
Once they disappear into the trees, I wait a moment longer before trailing them back to the edge of the village, then head back to the base. 

A/N: Aww, Hidan's being so sweet and awkward. T.T The next chapter will be in Koneko's point of view and will continue to be until further notice, okay?