Tell Me

Hidan and I decide to spend the evening relaxing and scoping out the area for my target. I change into more casual clothing and we head out to the local bar down the road. I'm technically not old enough to drink, but my age and being around Hidan makes me look passable enough. It's not like I wouldn't get drinks anyway. We settle down at the bar counter and order our drinks. Back when we did missions with Kakuzu, he wouldn't allow things like this. I take a sip of the bitter liquid as I look around at the other occupants of the bar. It's the usual crowd, the young tourists and the resident drunks. Perfect atmosphere to relax in. I down the rest of my drink and order another.
"Are you trying to get drunk, Short Stack?" Hidan asks, amusement laced in his voice.
"I'm trying to have a good time and forget you wearing every pair of my underwear."
"You know you enjoyed it." He retorts as he downs his drink.
Several drinks later, I feel relaxed and happy for the first time since the war. I lean my head onto Hidan's shoulder and sigh. He turns to me, not yet drunk, and offers me another. I shake my head, knowing if I drank too much more I'd be useless if something were to happen. I spot my target sitting at a booth in the back, his arms slung over the shoulders of two street walkers. I nudge Hidan and nod my head in his direction.
"Don't forget that guy. I need him tomorrow." I mutter.
"Sure thing, Short Stack."
"Want to get out of here? It's a little boring."

                 I get to my feet and giggle as things start to waver in front of me. Hidan's hand grabs onto one of my own and drags me out of the bar. My focus moves to his hand touching mine and the strange feeling swirling inside me. Maybe I'm just drunker than I thought I was. We reach the inn and our room and I fall forward onto the bed. He lays back across the bed beside me.

                 "So, now that you're a bit drunk, what's had you so distracted these past two weeks?" He asks.
I turn over to face the ceiling and sigh.
"I've had these strange feelings I suppose. I thought maybe I was getting sick again, but I don't think that's it."
"What does it feel like?" He asks, arching a brow.
"It's not like butterflies, I don't think. It's more like the warm, safe feeling and weird knots in my stomach when I think about someone or when they'd look at me. I'd compare it to when I liked Deidara, but it's not a 'like' feeling because it's not the anxious feeling I'd felt with him. That's 'liking' someone, right?" Words are so hard when you're a little tipsy.
"And when did you start feeling these things?" He asks, his tone slightly changing.
I turn to look at him and find a knowing look mixed with mistrust playing across his features.
"Around the time I went to Konoha I think."
His expression darkens at that and I wonder what I'd said.
"It's that fucking Pineapple kid, isn't it?" He finally asks.
"No! Of course not!"
"Then who is it?"
I feel my face burn and I avert my gaze. "It doesn't matter... Just forget I ever said anything. Besides, I don't even think it's a person. I don't even know what those feelings are or what they mean."
My good mood has soured completely.
"Well I'm a fucking guy and my beliefs don't allow for that frilly bullshit. Aren't feelings something that girls are taught from their mothers or chick friends?"
I shoot him a dark look. "Because I have those things, yeah? And like I said, forget it Hidan. Even if it is those 'liking' feelings, nothing would come of it."
"Why do you think that?" He asks, his tone softening.
"We live different lifestyles and I one hundred percent guarantee that he would never see me that way."
"So there is a 'he'? Interesting. I say fuck it and just make a move and see what happens."
"I can't. Let's just drop it, okay?"

                 I get up and go into the bathroom to change, effectively ending the conversation. I've figured out what I've been feeling and got words from his own mouth about what would happen if I acted on it. He's a Jashinist and they don't focus on 'like' or 'love'. It's pain and pleasure. He isn't the kind to be into that stuff regardless. I'd be wasting my time and would end up hurting myself. Maybe I should put some distance between us, just until the feelings die down? I sigh and finish changing before returning to the room. Hidan is now shirtless and wearing loose fitting pants, sprawled out across the bed. The one bed that we have to share. Why?? I sit down at the small table and rest my head on my hand. A pillow is suddenly tossed in my direction and I catch it before it hits me. I toss it back to Hidan with a sigh. All of my drinks have worn off and now I'm just tired and sad.
"What's wrong with you?" He asks.
"Nothing."
"You're fucking lying. I've been stuck with you long enough to be able to tell."
I sigh and let my head fall onto the tabletop. "Just leave it, Hidan."

                     Suddenly my whole body is lifted into the air and I'm falling a second later. My back hits the bed and Hidan is instantly above me, his hands on the bed on either side of my face. I look up into his deep magenta eyes and feel my breath catch. So much for putting distance. I move back an inch, he moves forward a mile, and he has no idea.

"W-What are y-you doing?" I stutter out, trying to focus on anything but his eyes, his lips, his scent, and his proximity.
"Tell me what's fucking wrong with you."
"I-I can't."
"Yes you can, just fucking tell me."
I feel a lump in my throat and swallow it back.
"Tell me." He repeats, the harshness of his tone dying out a little.
I look from his lips to his eyes and back before closing my own and the distance between us.     

A/N: DRAMA BOMB!!!! It was so hard to make Hidan clueless lol. But... what shall happen?