Welcoming Committee

I'm reluctantly granted access into the village by the guards. I wasn't expecting to be welcomed in with open arms, but I still expected some resistance. I imagine that Kakashi's pardon for me has made it to the gates. My picture is probably hanging up somewhere around here that says, 'she's a murderer but let her in because the Hokage likes her'. I wave goodbye to the guards and blow them a kiss before entering the village. Two steps inside and I'm unceremoniously tackled to the ground. This seems familiar. Ibiki wouldn't have people go after me though, so who is it?

"What the heck are you doing here!?" I hear from the weight above me.
"Get off of me Boy Blunder, I've been granted access to the village." I mutter, letting my face rest against the dirt.
"Why does Kakashi-sensei like you so much!?" He shouts, ignoring my request.
"Because, as mentioned last time, he's my father. Now, if you don't get up, I'm going to run my scythe right through one of your pretty blue eyes. You're lucky you didn't impale yourself already."

                 Naruto doesn't move and seems to be contemplating something, and as a result snaps my last nerve. I push against the ground, using my chakra to help counter his weight, and toss him off of me. I reach for my scythe out of reflex and spin it around before perching the blade just above his throat. His eyes widen visibly before his gaze suddenly softens, looking at me with something I can only equate to pity. My glare darkens and I ask what the hell he's staring at. After carefully wiggling out from underneath my scythe he gets to his feet and I prop myself up against the weapon.
"Why have you always been so defensive and mean?" He asks suddenly.
"Because life fucking sucks and everyone treats everyone like shit. Why not defend yourself from whatever may come of these 'relations' with people by being a bitch?"
"You must've cared about someone atleast once. Fallen in love, had a crush?" He presses.
Why the hell is he so interested in my emotional ties?
"The fuck kind of business is it of yours? Those emotions are for the weak. Love leads to trouble and hurt so why would I do that?" Because I'm stupid, that's why. "People die every day, Naruto, why love those that can and will leave you at any given time?"
"You don't have to love someone but I'm sure you've cared for someone at some point, right?" His eyes bore into mine and I refuse to break his gaze as my mind flickers back to the Akatsuki, to Deidara, to Hidan, to my father.
"Just drop it, Boy Blunder. I've got things to do." I mutter, tucking my scythe back into its holster on my back and turning away.
"You're not completely evil, Koneko, I can feel it and I'm going to show you! Believe it!"
I slap a hand to my forehead and sigh. I'm in the village for less than two seconds and I'm already the subject of one of Naruto's 'life missions'.
"Look kid, just fuck off about it. You'd be getting in way over your head."

                 I manage to leave Naruto behind with little resistance and attempt to put the memories that he'd summoned forward back into the recesses of my mind. The last thing I want to think about on my small vacation from the base is the base. This week will be about my father and myself. That is all. As I get closer to the Hokage's tower, I decide to move up to the rooftops to travel and formulate a plan for a surprise entrance. I hold onto the windowsill of Kakashi's office and carefully peek into the room. It seems to be empty from what I can see, so I pull myself up and drop silently to the floor. The chair spins around to reveal my father deeply invested in one of his novels. I roll my eyes and get to my feet before sitting on the edge of the sill.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." I mutter quietly.
"What are you doing here? I was just catching up on some reading."
"Filthy books. I've read them, don't quite see the appeal... It's your birthday tomorrow so I figured I'd drop in for a week."
"Hm, how did you know that it was my birthday?" He asks, lifting his gaze from his book for a moment.
"Akatsuki member, ninja, able to get into restricted files... Really Father I expected you to know that. I got you something by the way."
I dig through my jacket pockets before tossing the book to him. He catches it one-handed and looks it over.
"It's not much but it's signed by Jiraiya."
"Thank you. I actually didn't have this one signed."
"Can you do me a favor while I'm here?" I ask, remembering something.
"What is it?"
"Keep Naruto away from me. He's got it in his head that I'm capable of liking and or loving people and that I just haven't realized it. It's now his personal mission to show me that I care about people." I explain, earning a sigh from Kakashi.
"Why didn't you just tell him that you are capable of said things?"
"Because that would only make things worse as he'd try to ascertain who exactly said feelings may exist for."

                 After updating Kakashi on what happened, to certain extent of course, and skimming slightly over the assault, we head back to his house for the evening. I offer to cook for the two of us, but a further inspection of his kitchen reveals that the cabinets are empty except for ramen cups. I turn with a raised brow to ask about the lack of food and he shrugs, telling me that he doesn't cook. I let my head fall forward and sigh.
"What is it with men and their lack of cooking? No one at the Akatsuki could really cook either."
I shut the cabinet and instead offer to take us out to eat for dinner. He agrees and I quickly lock myself in his bathroom to take a quick shower and change into clean clothes. As we walk out, I remind him to keep Naruto away from me, under threat of a slow and painful murder.