Jiji

Last chapter babies! This is the end of this book. Stay tuned for Ghost, the final book in this series! 
----

                    I roll over in bed and grip my pillow tighter as Hidan's arms rest protectively around me. Sleep has been far and in between since Yuki was born, so I'm treasuring the peace and silence. Of course that probably means that she's either sleeping or into something. I sigh and let my eyes drift closed again only to hear a noise coming up the hall. The noise turns into footsteps and giggles and I pray that she'll just climb into the bed and go to sleep. A tiny hand pats my face while a small voice says 'Mama, mama, mama' over and over again. I finally open my eyes again and they focus on a pair of bright milky grey eyes very close to my face.
"Why don't you ever say 'Dada'?" I ask in a whisper.
Yuki grins in response, her few teeth showing. She's almost two now and her silver hair has gotten longer and is pale enough to look almost white. I sigh and reach out my hands to scoop her up onto the bed. She climbs over my chest to plop down between Hidan and I. I hear her giggling again a few seconds later followed by smacking sounds, then Hidan's grumbles as she wakes him up.
"Good morning Shorter Stack. Let's go back to sleep." He mumbles.
I feel him shift around with her for a second, then everything goes quiet except for her occasional babble. She likes me in the daytime when we run around and play but early in the morning and during the night, she likes to hang around Hidan.

                 The first few months after we had her were rough. Every noise she made and every time she cried we were freaking out, wondering what to do. Sakura helped us for two weeks before she went back to the Leaf, swearing not to breathe a word of it to anyone. I got used to dealing with Yuki and learning the difference in her cries a lot faster than Hidan. It took him almost six months to get everything down. He was always afraid of touching her for fear of hurting or dropping her but he did great. I could see the love and joy in his eyes every time he looked at her or spoke about her. I love it. I love him, I love her, I love my life now. I still miss the Akatsuki every day and I regret not telling Kakashi about Yuki but with everything being so uncertain and scary, I was too afraid to tell him and then it was too late. I need to tell him or atleast visit him. I hadn't left Yuki at all since her birth. I'm too afraid to take her with me, I don't want anything to happen to her, but I can't hide her away forever. I roll over and sigh before gently waking Hidan. Yuki is curled up on his other side asleep.
"Hey, I've been thinking... I want Kakashi to know about Yuki."
"Then go tell him."
"I-I want to take her with me, let her meet her grandfather."
He stays silent for a moment as he glances down at his daughter before looking back at me.
"I'll travel with you two there, then I'll meet you two days afterward and travel back."
I nod, then slip out of bed to make breakfast for the three of us.

                 Yuki and I say goodbye to Hidan before entering the village. I've got her covered in my jacket as she rests on my hip. Travelling with her was easier than I thought it would be. I had high hopes for this until I actually saw the gates. Now I'm not sure what will happen. I left my father with a cryptic goodbye and hadn't seen him in almost three years. Will he be mad? Will he hate her? Will he hate me? Will he come after her father? I sigh and shake my head to clear the thoughts away before continuing on through the village. I eye the tower nervously before debating on turning around and heading home. I sigh and take a deep breath.

"Are you ready to meet your Jiji?" I ask her.
She cocks her head and says 'Jiji' in response. I kiss her forehead before entering the tower.

                 I wave at the secretary before heading up the staircase. I hesitate at the door to his office, trying to gain the resolve to actually do it. I keep reminding myself that it's for Yuki, Kakashi, and myself. Kakashi has a right to know, and she has a right to know her grandfather. I finally knock before entering the room. As usual, he's seated at the desk with a perverted book in his hand, the other absently scribbling his name onto a stack of papers. He looks up at me and his eye widens slightly before narrowing at the bundle on my side.

"Hi Dad. It's uh, been a while." I mutter, cautiously moving further into the room.
"What happened? You didn't tell me much before disappearing. It's been almost three years."
"Well, uh, don't hate me..." I whisper as tears start to form. "Just don't hate me."
"Why would I hate you?" He asks, getting to his feet and coming around to the other side of the desk.
I sit down on one of the chairs and carefully let Yuki stand up. Kakashi's eye widens significantly as he looks down at her.
"Did you adopt a child?" He asks.
I shake my head as the tears spill over.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just didn't know what to do. I was scared and I just-"
"Jiji!" Yuki cheers as she holds her hands up for him to hold her.
"She called me... Jiji?" He mutters, looking at me for help.
"I told her that I wanted her to meet her Jiji. She's pretty smart."

 I watch as he kneels down and stares at her. She immediately closes the space between them and pulls on his forehead protector then waves her fingers into his hair. He looks from her to me and I can tell he's not sure what to do.

"Do you hate me?" I ask as my daughter proceeds to climb all over him.
"No, of course not. I wish you had told me sooner. I could've helped you out or something. Who's the father?"
"It's my partner, and no, I still won't release his name."
"Are you both safe, cared for, and happy?" He asks softly as he pulls her off his shoulder.
"Yes."
"That's all I need to know I guess."
"Mama! Food!"
I reach into my pack and pull out a bag of soft fruit slices. I pull out a piece and hand it to her and she grips it in her little hand before walking back to Kakashi and plopping down on his lap.
"Who else knew?" He asks.
"Sakura. Her mission where she left for a few months was when she stayed with us up until shortly after I gave birth. I came to Konoha one day because I felt sick and was going to see you and get some pills for the stomach virus I thought I had. That's when I found out and I was too scared and shaken up to see you. Iruka knew because he saw the bump the last time I came here and saw you. I swore him to secrecy. I was going to tell you I swear, but knowing that you didn't really want me in the beginning I was afraid you wouldn't want to know her or I'd ruin the relationship we just gained." I explain.
"I'm jealous that Iruka knew before me, but I guess I can live with that. Thank you, for coming back and for letting me meet her."
"I love you Dad."
"I love you too Koneko."
"Love Mama, Dada. Love Jiji!"     

A/N: THE END! So cute! I didn't plan on her meeting Kakashi at first, but I thought it'd be super cute. I hope you enjoyed the book. Stay tuned for book 3! <3