Koneko-Sensei?

The next morning I slip off the roof of Kakashi's house and go into the kitchen to make birthday breakfast. I hadn't slept at all last night, my mind and body unable to rest while in the confines of the village. I went out and got ingredients for breakfast just before sunrise so I could actually cook something. I'm not the type to really celebrate birthdays and such, but I know that Kakashi works hard as the Hokage and never really did much for his birthday before that. I'm just trying to give him a break and maybe help 'bond' with my father or whatever it's called. After setting the table with the breakfast and coffee, I head down the hall toward his bedroom and carefully go inside, a sly grin on my face and a can of whipped cream in my hand. As I approach the bed I realize that even at home he still sleeps with his mask on. I still don't know what he looks like underneath the mask and I wonder if perhaps I'd get to see some resemblance between us if I could. I shake away the thought of trying to see what he looks like, knowing that would definitely cause issue between us and instead fill his outstretched hand with the sweet topping. I look around and find something to delicately tickle his face, hoping he'd slap it with his hand and get it on his face. His hand lifts and I internally cheer, until it suddenly turns and my face is covered in whipped cream. I wipe it out of my eyes and pout.
"I'm a ninja that they sadly forced to be Hokage, did you really think that would work?" He mutters as he sits up.
"A girl could hope. You fell for the eraser thing Naruto did back in the academy."
"Or did I?" He adds.
"Shut up. Happy birthday, come eat breakfast." I mumble, wiping at the stuff covering my face.

                 Kakashi follows me out into the kitchen and takes his place at the table, eyeing the food carefully. I remind him that I'd have no reason to poison him and that I did all of the cooking for the Akatsuki and none of them died from it. He tells me that it wasn't what he was thinking and takes a bite before complimenting my cooking skills. I smile smugly as I use a rag to get the last of the whipped cream off my face. I sit down and eat with him before taking the dishes from him and putting them in the sink. My eyes land on the can still sitting on the counter and my father still at the table. I pick it up and quietly turn around before spraying some in his hair. I hear him sigh just before my laughter takes control and I try to smother it.
"Hey Dad, I think you have a little something in your hair."
"Why thank you Koneko, I had no idea." He mutters and I choke back a laugh.
"Well, I'm going to go get changed. You might want to wash your hair, I don't think you'd want the village to see you like that. All the old ladies would swoon over you talking about how 'sweet' you are."
He lets out a loud sigh and I finally break down and laugh as I head down the hall.

                 I part ways with Kakashi just outside the Hokage tower because work never stops for the Hokage. I promised to meet him for lunch and I'd spend the day visiting the village. He reminds me that he can't protect me from Naruto while I'm walking around and I assure him that I could handle it, without murder, I had to add. After roaming the streets for a little while and bumping into some of the ninja I knew before I left, I find myself walking the path that leads to the Academy. There's a tree in the side yard that I used to lay back on when I wanted to ditch being physically in the room but could still hear the lessons through the window they always left open. Seeing none of the classes outside, I head over to the tree and lay back across it, thinking about how much easier it was to lay on it when I was smaller. Not to say that I really even grew much but the slight difference is there. I turn my head to look into the classroom and find Iruka still standing at the front of the room teaching a class. I figure he'll never retire at this rate, just like my father.

"Hey Iruka-sensei who's that lady in the tree?" I hear a small voice call out.
A small smirk crosses my face as I turn to stare up through the foliage at the sky.
"That's- Koneko? What are you doing out there?"
"Hello again Iruka. I got bored, what are you doing in there is a better question." I tell him as I slowly sit up.
"I'm teaching a class, obviously." He replies, gesturing to the students inside.
I shrug my shoulders before performing a handsign and appearing in his classroom, more precisely, in his chair.

                 Iruka turns away from the window and sighs before gesturing for me to get out of his seat. I grin and prop my feet up on his desk before raking my eyes across Konoha's youngest hopes for ninja. I can recognize family resemblances to some of the clans but most of them are just random kids in my eyes.

"You've got a good looking class here. Only three of them are asleep. Back in my day half of us were sleeping all the time, if we showed up that is."
"What are you doing back in Konoha? I know you've been pardoned, but I didn't figure you to come back." He asks, giving up on my removal from his chair and leaning back against the chalkboard.
"I'm on a vacation for someone's birthday. I'll be gone next week. So what the he- what are you teaching these kids?"
"Shadow clones."
I sigh and let my head fall back.
"Really Iruka? That was the most boring and useless jutsu you ever taught us. The only one that used it all that often is Naruto. Teach them cooler stuff, like vital points or the proper way to hold a kunai to be able to stab someone in the heart."
"They're a bit young for stabbing people in the heart, don't you think?"
"Well, to physically murder someone, yes, but to learn, no. Then atleast give them wooden sticks or something and have them learn vital spots and pressure points to subdue opponents."
"Why don't you teach them then?" He asks and my eyes widen.
"I'm not good with kids and I'm sure their parents would have a field day if they knew you let someone like me teach their kids anything." I remind him as I sit up.
I notice a girl in the back of the room staring at me intently, an excited spark in her eyes. I didn't recognize her the first time I'd looked at the kids but I grin and wiggle my fingers in a wave.
"Hello Yumi." I call out and she grins wider.
"Hi Koneko! My mom said I could grow up to be just like whoever I wanted to be! I told her I wanted to be just like you and she said I could."
"Uhm, Iruka, I think that one has some messed up life choices, you may need to shock her back to reality." I mutter quietly.
"Teach us something Koneko-sensei!" Yumi calls out and I let my head hit the desk.
"I did not sign up for this."
"You did when you sat down at my desk." Iruka chimes in and I growl in response.  

A/N: Koneko-sensei... hehehehee