Capture

I wake up in a sour mood in an unfamiliar room, my hands and feet tied and a cloth covering my mouth. I suppose the siblings knocked me out after Michiko trapped me in the water prison. Those things are annoying. I watched Kakashi be trapped in one years ago when we fought Zabuza Momochi and I'd trapped Tobi in it my first night in the Akatsuki. Looking back now, I should've used that to trap one or the other of them. Stupid hangover keeping me slightly off guard. I'm never drinking again after this. Right now my focus needs to be getting out of these ropes and the hell out of here. I wonder if these idiots know that they're going to die after this, whether by my own hands or Hidan's. Hidan will be in deep shit himself for getting us involved with those two. I begin to wiggle around, trying to get my fingers near the knots binding my feet. It's much easier said than done.

                 The door slams open and I abandon my attempt to see who's come in. It's Kioshi, holding a plate of food and my cup. He offers me a cheerful smile as he flips the light on and sits cross-legged a few inches away. He puts the food and cup on the floor between us and stares at me expectantly. Oh Kami, Jashin, whoever, these two are total idiots. I arch my brow and give him a pointed look. I'm bound and gagged. I don't know how he expects me to eat or drink anything. Realization crosses his face and he removes the gag.

"I'll just feed you, alright?" He mutters.
"Like I'd be stupid enough to accept anything you give me." I growl out.
"Well we don't intend on killing you. You're worth much more alive."
"I'm not hungry."
I do my best to sit up and turn away from him.
"Aw, come on Koneko, don't be like that."
"How the fuck else am I supposed to act? You two ambushed me and are planning on selling me. And if you were to ransom me, I'm not dumb enough to believe I'd be set free afterward. I know how things work outside of the confines of a village, I've been in this longer than you two."
"Just look at it this way, now you have companions like you did with the Akatsuki and you'll get to travel more."
I ignore his pitiful attempt at whatever the hell that was, and instead ask him a question.
"Are you aware that you'd likely die before you can do any of these things? When Hidan realizes I'm gone, he'll come to you, find me, and he'll tear you both apart before sacrificing you to Jashin."
He taps a finger against his chin before grinning.
"That would be unfortunate. If only we'd offered him a fake bounty that would take a week to 'complete' and you'd be long gone before he got back."
I huff in annoyance and use my feet to kick the plate up into the air and into his face. It's a small victory, seeing the food covering his face and the glass shattering but it's short lived as he lunges at me and pins me to the floor. I let out a giggle as a piece of egg falls from his hair and hits me on the nose.
"Kioshi, darling, if you didn't know already, I'm not afraid of anything. Not Michiko, not death, not blood, not you. Do your worst."
"Everyone has a fear, Koneko. I'll be sure to find yours." He mutters, his mouth creepily close to my ear.
I suppress a shudder until he gets up and turns to clean up the broken plate. Smart boy.

                 After Kioshi leaves, I wiggle over to the cup he'd left behind. It is plastic so he probably didn't consider it a threat if he left it for me. I knock it over and carefully get my hands to the front of my body again. I manage to get the false bottom off the cup and a small shuriken falls out. A smirk crosses my lips as I use it to cut away the binds on my hands and feet. My weapons are elsewhere but now I'm not completely reliant on hand to hand and I have the element of surprise. Perhaps I can do one better and pick the lock with the hair pin tucked into my hat. Upon examination of the door, I find that the knob disappears when locked from the outside. There goes that, but still. I sit beside the door and wait for someone to come back. If I can overpower one, I can use them as leverage to get away from the other. Or I could just kill them both on sight. Whichever works. I'll get out of here one way or another and those sorry little shits will get what they deserve. 

A/N: This is a slightly shorter chapter, but it's where I wanted to stop *shrugs*.