Alone

Sakura told me that I was about three months along, and that's been a month ago. After I announced it to Hidan he didn't say anything after 'what the fuck', and I walked out, locking myself in my room. He hadn't tried to talk to me and I hadn't spoken to him. We've kept our distance and I've wallowed in my silence, crying over what happened and the radical change that happened in the base, and I cried over our... my child. I knew better than to expect anything of Hidan, knowing how who he is and his beliefs, but part of me hoped that things would magically be different because we were happy as we were. I don't know what's going to come of everything. What am I supposed to do? Should I go back to Konoha alone, settle down in the village and raise the child alone? But Hidan... I don't want to leave him... I wipe at my face and swing my bag over my shoulder. Sakura made me swear to come back in a month to check up on the baby and myself. I made her swear to keep it a secret because the last thing that needs to get out is the 'last Akatsuki member' and Hokage's daughter is pregnant with a baby of 'unknown' parentage. I sigh and leave my room, casting a long look at Hidan's door that is firmly shut, and head through the base and out into the forest.

                 I arrive at the village two days later, having travelled slower due to my condition and ignore the guards as I pass through. Naruto seems to be waiting for someone just inside the gate but snaps to attention when he notices me. I shoot a glare in his direction, warning him to back off but he rushes over and tries to tackle me. I growl lowly and swing my scythe at him, timing it to where the staff lifts him up and over me.
"I'm sick Naruto, don't touch me."
He gets to his feet and I can hear his back crack painfully.
"What are you doing back here? Wait, are you getting fat? You need to work out more, Koneko."
I let out a sigh and clench my fists in an effort to stay calm.
"Naruto, remember the last time you opened your fucking mouth and I broke your fucking nose? Shut up and move before I do it again."
"But-"
"Shut it! I'm sick and have places to be."

                 I push past him and glance down at my shirt that's barely showing a small bump on my stomach. The bad thing about being a ninja is you remain super thin so the smallest weight gain is easily seen. Before long I'll have to sneak into the village or have Sakura sneak out to do checkups. I enter the hospital and before I can ask for Sakura, she appears around the corner and grins. I offer a slight twitch in response before following her back to a room. She does her usual tests before smiling at me. I raise an eyebrow, wondering why the hell she's so cheerful and she tells me that the baby and I are doing fine. I rub the small bump absently and smile. Even if Hidan doesn't want it, I'm going to give my child all the love it deserves no matter what.
"Did you tell the father?" She asks.
I look up at her and frown.
"Yes, I did..."
Her mouth forms an 'o' and she apologizes for asking. I wave it off and tell her that it's fine.
"You know you won't be able to keep it a secret for much longer. Do you plan on telling Kakashi about him becoming a grandfather?"
"I'll do it when the time is right. I don't want to just drop in his office and be like 'hey so your daughter fucked someone and boom now you're going to have a grandkid'."
"Well I wouldn't quite phrase it that way..."
"I'll get to it, I swear. Just a little longer."
"Don't wait until after the baby is born, okay?"
"Yeah, yeah." I mutter as I get off the table and pull my shirt back down.

                 I leave the hospital and stop by the Academy since the kids are still in school. Iruka greets me as I walk in and all of the students greet me in unison. I offer them a smile as I take over Iruka's chair. I ask them all what they're doing today and they tell me that they're taking the graduation test today to become genin and get their teams. I congratulate them and tell them to do well. Iruka calls the next one to leave the room and I watch the student leave the room.
"Where have you been Koneko-sensei? We missed you!" Yumi calls out.
"You guys know I don't live in the village. I've been at home and on missions of course. I can't stay too long though, I have to get back home soon." I explain as I fiddle with the hem of my shirt.
"Show us some cool jutsu Koneko-sensei!" Another student cheers.
I fumble for an excuse, knowing Sakura told me to try to avoid using too much chakra.
"I don't think that it would be right for her to break your focus on the jutsus you need to remember, maybe Koneko will show you all another time." Iruka cuts in.
The students seem to buy his excuse and I stare up at him, trying to figure out why he helped me. The student comes back holding a forehead protector and grinning before Yumi is called. I wish her luck as I stare up at him. He looks down at me then down at my stomach. My eyes widen a fraction before narrowing dangerously, daring him to say anything. He winks at me before refocusing his gaze on his students.
"If you so much as breathe this to anyone I will sever your head from your shoulders before you can even blink."
I mutter quietly so none of the students can hear.
"What about your father?" He asks.
"I'll deal with that on my own, now shush." I hiss.
Yumi comes back in with her forehead protector tied on her left leg like mine. I used to wear it tied to my boot but over the years it kept wearing out the fabric so I moved it.
"I did it Koneko-sensei! Now I'm one step closer to being just like you!" Her face is lit up with a broad grin as she wraps her arms around me. "Thank you for believing in me Koneko-sensei."
"No problem, Kiddo." I stretch and get to my feet. "Well guys, I'd love to stay for a while, but I have to get going. Good luck and train hard. Next time I bump into any of you, I want you guys to be strong and ready for anything."
"Bye Koneko-sensei!"

                 I leave the Academy and pass by the Hokage Tower, debating heavily on whether or not to stop and actually tell my father about my situation. I just don't know if I could deal with the questions and the possible results. Kakashi didn't really want me to begin with so I have no idea how he'd react to suddenly having a grandchild in a few months. He'd ask who the father is and where I'll be staying and he may insist that I come back to Konoha and it's too much... Way too much. But, despite only knowing of him for about a year now, I really want my father. Just someone to tell me that it's all going to be okay really. Hidan doesn't want me anymore... I wipe away a few tears and hesitate before turning and entering the tower. I pull out my jacket and zip it up, the bulkiness covering the bump effectively. I enter Kakashi's office and he looks up from his pile of paperwork and smiles.

"Hey Dad..." I mutter, offering him a weak smile.
"What's wrong Koneko?" He asks.
I don't answer him and instead walk over and hug him the best I can. He stiffens before hesitantly hugging me back. We hadn't really hugged or anything like that before so I know it's strange, especially for him.
"Mind telling me what's going on? Naruto said you were sick."
"It got him to leave me alone." I mutter as I pull away and sit on the edge of his desk. "Things are changing, Dad. I don't know what's going to happen and I'm not sure when I'll be able to come to the village again. I'll be safe though, I swear."
"What's going on?"
"Don't worry Dad. I'll be safe I promise and I'll come visit as soon as I can. I love you Dad."
Before he can say anything else, I leave the office and head toward the gates.