Making Amends

It's been two weeks since I've spoken to Hidan. I've withdrawn myself from everything, choosing not to even leave my bedroom unless I just absolutely needed something to eat. Between whatever the hell happened between Hidan and myself at the inn and me losing control and almost murdering my mother, I needed to hide away for a while. Hidan tried to talk to me and get me to come out of my room, but I'd just stare at the wall until he gave up and left. I always knew that my mother didn't want me, regardless of the bogus story that'd she'd offered up the first time I saw her, but hearing her actually say that she gave me up without a true reason hurt so badly that I snapped. No one ever wanted me, not her, not Kakashi though we worked past it, not Deidara, no one. So, what the hell is wrong with me to make everyone want to be rid of me? Whatever it is will definitely keep Hidan away from me as well. I sigh and let my head fall back against the wall. I'm hungry. I check the time before crawling out of bed and slinking down the hall.

                 I flick on the kitchen light and begin to rifle through the fridge for something edible. For some reason the ramen cups are still stored in the fridge so I sigh and toss one on the counter before setting the water to boil. I jump as a set of arms wraps around me. I turn around and look up at Hidan. I go to turn back around but he stops me.

"How long are you going to ignore me?" He asks.
"I'm not ignoring you..."
"You haven't spoken to me in two weeks, I would classify that as ignoring me."
I turn back and pour the water into my cup before turning back to face Hidan.
"I wouldn't classify it as that, per se."
"Just talk to me, Koneko."
"Can I eat first? Then we can talk, yeah?" I ask as I hold up the ramen cup.
He sighs and sits down at the table while I grab a soda from the fridge and join him. I eat in silence and play around with the cup until he takes it from me and tosses it in the trash across the room.
"So, I'm guessing you want to talk now, right?" I ask as I play with the hems of my jacket sleeves.
"Kind of."
"Well... Speak?" I mutter.
"Well, what the hell happened back there with your mother?"
"The target hired her to protect him so we started fighting. She basically said she gave me up because she was young and didn't want me and lied about people being after us so I called her a selfish bitch and tried to kill her. Then you came in and stopped me from killing her."
That's the simple version but it works all the same I suppose.
"You do realize that there's nothing wrong with you, right?"
"That's not true. If there wasn't something wrong with me, then why did no one want me?"
"I can't speak for anyone else, but I want you."
I look up at him at that remark and feel my jaw drop slightly. "What?"
"Well, we had to fucking talk about that shit too, so why not?"
I resist the laugh that tries to come out and shake my head instead. My nerves start to take over and I start fiddling with the zipper of my jacket.
"What did you want to say about that? I thought we were just going to ignore it and pretend nothing ever happened. Since ya know... Stuff..." I mutter, trying to find words.
"Well, 'since ya know... stuff...' even though I don't believe in all that relationship shit, you're not completely terrible."
I let my head fall onto the table.
"Why thank you Hidan, that makes me feel so much better about my life."
"Just fucking come here."

                     I lift my head up in time for him to pull me off of my chair and onto his lap. My eyes widen and I avert my gaze as my face heats up.
"Why am I in your lap?" I ask.
"Because I put you there. Now, I didn't mean to make it sound shitty, but I kinda fucking like you."
"What?"
"I know you're not that stupid." He retorts, a smirk crossing his face.
"Shut up. So, what does this mean?"
"I say, we keep doing what we're doing and whatever fucking happens, happens."
I purse my lips and tap my chin as if I'm thinking.
"I don't know... I'm not sure..."
"Shut the hell up." He mutters before leaning in to kiss me.

                 It's been a few days since Hidan and I had our talks about everything and decided to just let things happen as they happen and it's weird. Not in a bad way of course, I'm just suddenly hyper aware of his presence and my feelings. I'm definitely not used to affection of any sort. It's been a few years. He of course seems to be having loads of fun trying to make me feel uncomfortable. He likes to catch me off guard and make me blush, because it makes me look 'fucking cute'. It makes me want to hurt him, but of course I can't do much. He's immortal after all. I could always bury him again... I look up from my book to find Hidan staring at me from the doorway to the kitchen. I raise an eyebrow and go back to reading my book. I can feel his eyes still on me so I look up again.
"Can I help you? You're making me feel awkward." I mutter, trying not to blush.
He smirks. "Well, I'm feeling a little lonely, you could always fix it."
"Why do you have to be so weird?" I ask.
"I get fucking bored, what else is there to do?"