Hidan Jr.

A/N: So, I've worked it out and I'd say 4-5 more chapters until Moving On is finished. ^.^

                I step inside the base, muttering about how the weather is getting cold, and I'm suddenly wrapped in a tight hug. My eyes widen and I try to absorb what's going on and find a reaction. From the scent carried to my nose, I know it's Hidan, but I can't figure out what his problem is and why he suddenly seems to want anything to do with me. I manage to smack at his chest enough for his grip to loosen on me so I can breathe, then ask what he needs.
"Where did you go? You were gone for forever!"
"I went to get a checkup on the baby and myself. What concern is it of yours?" I ask, dropping my eyes to the floor.

My hand drifts down to the bump and a moment later, he's kneeling in front of me. My eyes widen significantly and I ask what he's doing.

"So, there's a baby in there... My baby... Our baby?" He mutters, staring intently at my stomach.
"Yes. I told you I was pregnant over a month ago. I've been pregnant for four months now. Not that you really care..." I mumble.
He doesn't answer me or seem to have paid attention to what I said. I watch as he carefully lifts a hand and moves it toward my stomach but it stops before touching me and I realize that it's shaking. He takes a deep breath before his hand moves again and this time lightly touches my stomach. I lift my shirt slightly and his eyes grow wider.
"There's... our baby in there." He whispers. "Hey little fucker."
"Don't curse at our baby." I scold.
"Fuck. My bad, Kid." He tells my stomach.
I feel something strange inside and gasp. Sakura told me about this when I told her I'd felt weird movements and sensations in my stomach.
"It's kicking." I tell him.
"What?"

I pick up his hand and wait for the baby to kick again before placing his hand back on my stomach. I feel another flutter where his hand is. I'm not far enough along for the baby to be kicking hard but it's enough to be barely felt. Hidan looks up at me and my heart skips a beat when I look down at him. His eyes are wide and there's a light in them that I hadn't seen in a while. 

"What is it?" I ask softly.
He doesn't answer me but gets to his feet and wraps his arms around me and kisses me. My knees get wobbly as I melt into his kiss. I'd missed it so much. I missed him so much.
"I'm sorry Koneko. I just- I was shocked when you told me and I didn't know how to react. I never thought about having kids and now and-"
I cut off his nervous rambling with another kiss.
"I understand. Now, don't be a fucking idiot." I mutter, lightly smacking his chest.
"Yeah, yeah. I hear you. I'm sorry."
"It's okay. The baby and I are fine, by the way. I'm just supposed to be careful and not overexert myself. Now, if you'll move, I'll cook some food for us, yeah?"

                 I made it to the kitchen and to the stove before I'm swept off my feet and placed in a chair. I look at Hidan with a 'what the fuck' look and he tells me that I'd be overexerting myself if I tried to cook. I remind him that he doesn't know how to cook and that me cooking would definitely not be overexerting. Great, first he didn't want me and the child and now he's being overprotective. One extreme to the next... We compromise by him sitting me on the countertop and telling him what to do while he cooks. I guess it's a good way to teach him how to do it himself. Before long we've both got plates of chicken and rice and we sit at the table to eat.
"So... Have you thought of what to name the baby?" He asks.
"Well, seeing as I won't know what the baby will be until it's here, I haven't really. I feel like I'll know as soon as I see it. Have you thought of names?"
"Hidan Jr."
I snort and he gives me an indignant look.
"I'm sorry that just was exactly what I thought you were going to say."
"Well it's a fucking good name!"
"Yes it is, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with the two of you trying to figure out which one I'm yelling at when you piss me off."
"It'd be a bit awkward when it hears you screaming my-"
"Shush. That- just, don't even finish that sentence." I mutter, rubbing my forehead. "We're not naming the baby Hidan."
"Agreed. Besides, I'm the one and only."
"It was your idea, idiot."

                 After I wash the dishes, despite Hidan's protests, I go into my room to finally put away my weapons and bag before taking a quick shower and changing into loose pants and a black shirt with long sleeves. Winter is basically here, and while this area doesn't get the heavy snow and ice that other areas do, it still gets pretty cold and the occasional layer of snow. The base heats itself for the most part but I'm cold. I'll blame it on the baby. I head down the hall to Hidan's room and make myself comfortable on the bed while he does his thing for Jashin. Despite all of his lectures and the book I'd found on Jashinism, I still just can't get behind the religion. I don't care that Hidan is a Jashinist, I just don't see myself becoming one. It's just not my thing. As I watch him, I gently rub my stomach as the baby moves around. The movements are so light they're barely noticeable but I know they're there. Everything is going to be okay. I'm sure of it.