{ chapter seven }

JaeEun POV

*FEW WEEKS LATER*

Today is a Saturday, which means a day off of school. Yay.

Even if it was a day off, I still wake up early and try to be productive. I finish off uncompleted homework. After, I got a vacuum cleaner and a mop and start cleaning my room.

"JaeEun, Eomma and Appa have a meeting today. We will leave first" I hear eomma yelling from downstairs. "Ne, Eomma. Do not miss any meals" I yell back.

"Yes honey, you too" she yells. Soon after, I hear the front door shut and I know that my parents have left.

Around 3pm, I decided to go out, by myself. Rowoon and Mina are busy today so they couldn't go out with me today. 

I walk down the street, make many turns and I see a cafe. I went in because there was nothing else around and the store seemed very bright, and it seemed very busy. 

I wait in line to order and it was finally my take, literally took 30 minute or more. 

I order a latte and wait for my order to be ready, "Latte?" I hear a boy yell out a latte order, I raise my hand and walk up to the pick-up stand. I look at the boy and it is, Mingyu. 

I was shocked at the sight of him, I stood still and continued to stare at him. "Are you going to get your drink or not?" he says, with a cold stare. 

I come back to reality and take the latte from his hands, "Sorry and thank you" I leave the pick-up area and go find a table. I see a small table, in the corner of the store that is next to the window.

I jump in joy and picked up my pace to the seat before anyone took it. I sat down and enjoyed my latte.

I look at the time, 5:50pm, it reads. I have been in here for so long and now the store is not as full as before, actually there was barely anyone in it. 

"The shop is closing soon", I look up to find Mingyu, standing in front of me, "Oh, sorry. I will get going" I say with no emotion. I slowly stand up from the seat, grab my phone, keys and wallet then start to leave.

"Are you alright?" Mingyu stops me, "y-yeah, I am fine" I said and left the store. 

Mingyu POV

JaeEun seemed very out of it today. She stayed in the store for so long and no going to lie, I was kind of worried. 

Every time, I would look over at her and her eyes will be almost closing but she forced herself to be awake, is she tired? I thought.

When I told her that the store was closing, she stumbled as she stood up and began leaving, I ask if she was okay and she stuttered. 

"Hyung, can I leave early?" I rushed through my words, "yes, of course, I will close up" he says. I quickly grab my bag and run outside.

I look from left to right and see a slim figure, walking from left to right on the path. 

I run towards the girl and instantly knew it was JaeEun. I decided not to tell her that I was here, I just wanted to see if she was okay. 

The walk was quite until she walked in an alleyway, a dark alleyway. For some reason, it looked familiar, the scenery flashed back and forth in my head.

Then everything came back, JaeEun was the girl who tired to help me, but I refused and pushed her onto the ground, it was her? I wondered. 

I looked up from the ground to see JaeEun and then I see 3 drunk guys, trying to seduce her. I quickly made a move.

I ran into the dark alleyway and punched the 3 guys. They fought back and I can hear sniff crying. I fought the guys till they were completely knocked out. When I was done, I came back to JaeEun and see her crying with her knees against her chest.

"Are you okay?" I glided my hand up and down her arm, she moves her hand from her face and looks straight at me, "Mingyu?" she asked, "yes, it's me. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I don't know why I was worried, but it felt right.

"y-yeah" she stutters and continues to cry. I pull her towards me and give her a hug, "it's alright, I am here now" I say, patting her head.  

"Why are you being nice to me?" she stops sniffling and asks, "uh, I don't know. I want to" I say, confused myself, why am I being nice to her? I thought.

I walked JaeEun home. Her home is very big and beautiful, nice and modern. "Thank you for walking me home, you didn't have to" she turns and thanks me. I give her a smile, "it's okay. Mind as well right? Now go inside" I say, putting my hands in my pockets.

She gives me a smile and walks inside. Once I see her figure disappear, I turn around and start to walk back to the dorm. 

"Hey guys" I say, walking into the dorm, seeing all the members sitting in the living room. "Hi Gyu, where have you been? It's late" SeungCheol hyung asks, "Oh, I was at work and took a walk, that's all" I give him a faint smile and join the others.

We all had funny moments to the point where we laugh for 5 minutes straight, ah, it felt great to feel normal again, without Yuna in my life. I final came to conclusion that I don't need her and I don't need to have a girlfriend to make me happy. 

I enjoyed the rest of the night with my members. 

-

AUTHORS NOTE

Did you enjoy it? Hope you did :)

Idolfiction