{ chapter sixteen }

JaeEun POV

Ever since that night, Mingyu and I have stopped messaging each other. I don't know what his up to, where he is or what he wants. 

I worry about him, I like the jerk but I don't have the guts to confess to him. 

I scroll through my social media when something catches my attention. 

BREAKING: SEVENTEEN's Mingyu found holding hands with a girl

I click on the article. 

On Friday Night, Carats found SEVENTEEN's Mingyu going out with a girl. The girl was not yet identified but they left the restaurant hand in hand. Could this mean anything? 

When they were caught, fans started to wonder so they followed the couple. 

One fan said, "When I went to follow them, to get a picture, I saw them kissing in an alleyway, I could be wrong, it was dark but it looked like them"

Another said, "I saw Mingyu with the same girl a while back but I don't know where she's from. But they make each other happy so whether they date or not, I 100% support both of them"

I finished the article and I couldn't believe it. 

My eyes filled up with tears, and it started streaming down my face. 

I exited the article and scrolled more, but I shouldn't have, there were more articles about Mingyu and the unidentified girl.

I was heartbroken, my first love, my first kiss, he is taken. 

Then I got a text, 

Unknown: JaeEun, it is Wonwoo. Did you hear what happened?

It was Wonwoo Oppa, I wiped my tears and messaged him back, saving his number in my phone. 

JaeEun: About Mingyu? yes.

Wonwoo: Are you okay?

JaeEun: Why wouldn't I be?

Wonwoo: Because I know you like him

JaeEun: How did you know?

Wonwoo: I have sources :) Anyways, it's not real

JaeEun: Really? It seems real to me.

Wonwoo: No, it's not. Mingyu explained it to us, she is just a girl that had a crush on Mingyu for ages but he doesn't like her. He just wants to spend time with her and then tell her he doesn't want to be with her. 

JaeEun: But, Oppa, they kissed.

Wonwoo: I know. Mingyu didn't want it. She leaned in for it so Mingyu went along. 

JaeEun: Oppa, are you sure about this?

Wonwoo: Yes. Now I need to tell you something. 

JaeEun: What is that?

Wonwoo: If you want Mingyu. Get him. Don't wait. If you keep waiting, theres only a matter of time where he gets a real girlfriend. So if you want to be with him, you need to confess.

JaeEun: But I can't, I'm scared. 

Wonwoo: If you're scared, you won't be able to be with him and I know that's what you want. Now what is it going to be?

JaeEun: I'll think about it. Thanks Oppa. I need to go. Annyeong.

I shut off my phone and leaned against my head board. I thought about Mingyu and I, my confession, and I think I can't do it, but I want him to know how I feel. 

I will just wait. 

Mingyu POV

"Is this scandal true?" The CEO asks me, "No, the girl liked me for ages and if I went on a date with her, I will be able to show her that she doesn't like me" I say.

"Then why did you kiss her?" he sternly asks, "She leaned in, I just went for it. I certainly don't like her" I explained. 

After a long talk, the CEO and I came to a conclusion, we ended our conversation and he sent me back to the dorm. He told me not to leave because there are reporters outside.

"So, what happened?" SeungCheol asks when I walk through the door, "He said he'll take care of it" I simply replied and joined the members in the living room. 

All I could think about is JaeEun. 

What is JaeEun thinking? Does she care? Probably not, but I'm hoping she does, I thought. 

"The news is up" Vernon says, I turn on my phone and check the CEO's statement. 

BREAKING: PLEDIS ENTERTAINMENT HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT ABOUT THE SCANDAL BETWEEN SEVENTEEN'S MINGYU AND THE UNIDENTIFIED WOMEN

I click on it and read the CEO's statement,

I have talked to SEVENTEEN's Mingyu and he has explained everything. He is not dating anyone and that the girl and him are just friends. They will not be dating in the future, so please drop the rumor. If there are any other news, I will be more than happy to explain it to you. But Mingyu is certainly not dating anyone now or anytime soon. 

I felt relieved. I didn't want my fans to think I was dating some girl. I exited the article and turned off my phone. 

"Let's have a game night boys" SeungCheol says, "yes, let's order pizza" Jihoon says, the members agree. 

The members and I have an amazing game night, laughing and talking. We were so loud that our manager had to quieten us down. 

This has been one of the most memorable nights. It has been a long time since we did this as a group. 

"Yah, you can't cheat" Chan pouts, "I'm not cheating. Boo doesn't cheat" Seungkwan says, we laugh at their silly act. 

We continue playing till 3:00am and we were completely knocked out. The members did not sleep in their rooms, we all slept in the living room. 

-

AUTHORS NOTE

Short chapter, there may be some errors but I will fix it after the ff is finished.

Thanks for reading guys!!

Idolfiction