{ chapter twenty-eight }

JaeEun POV

3 months after break up

"Ah, Seoul is so calming" I say, breathing in the scent that ran past me.

"Hi, may I please get a cappuccino please" I asked politely, "yeah, sure. That will be $4 please" she replied kindly.

I happily gave $4 to the lovely women and she wished me a good day, what a nice lady, I thought.

As I went to wait on the 'pick up' line, someone caught me eye, Kim Mingyu.

It has been so long since we got in touch, I thought.

I quickly took out my phone, scrolling through my contacts to find his name but it was listed there, then a name stopped me.

King♡

It was still the same in my contacts. I clicked on his name and read our last conversation, marked 3 months ago.

It was only 3 months? It felt like forever.

"JaeEun?" Someone brought me back to reality, I turn around and it was him.

"Ah, Mingyu" I smile sheepishly, "Omo, I haven't seen you in so long" he said, you seem happy.

"Haha, you too. How are you?" I asked, sounding friendly.

"Yeah, I'm good, you?" He asked back, I didn't know what to say. Ever since we broke up, things have took a turn for me.

"JaeEun?" Mingyu says, "huh?" I quickly get to reality, "Ah, yes, I'm doing well" I said.

"Cappuccino?" The lady called out, "Number 46?" She said again, "Ah, that's me" I said and ran to get my cappuccino.

I walk back to Mingyu, "I have to go" I say, bowing.

I ran outside and sat down at the bus stop, crying out loud, not caring if anyone saw.

It was so good to see you, are you happy now that we've broken up?

Mingyu POV

Seeing JaeEun, just brought back memories of what happened and how our relationship ended. It was a disaster.

When she ran out, it seemed old so I quickly ran after her.

Even though she looked happy now, I still care, I will always care.

She suddenly stopped at the bus stop and started to break down in tears, I stop in my tracks and listen to her cry from the distance.

Are you really happy? Or are you just pretending?

I slowly make my way to her, sitting down, but she hasn't noticed me.

I wrap one arm around her shoulder and pull her towards me, she flinches and looks up.

Her mascara running down your face, "you look ugly when you cry" I tease, she stops crying and wipes her tears away.

She stands up, "why did you follow me?" She asked, "why are you crying?" I asked back, she didnt answer and just walked away.

I quickly stand up and chase after her, grabbing her wrist and spinning her around, "what are you doing?" She said, sternly.

"We need to talk" I said, pulling her to a park nearby. She tried to break free many times but failed.

We've arrived at the park and she has now settled down.

We sat down on the bench calmly.

There was a silence, until I decided to open up first.

"It's been 3 months since our break up. Honestly, I thought that we would get back together, I always hoped for it. I waited so long for you to call or text, but it never came so I thought you've given up," I began.

"I know what I did was wrong, I admit it. But there is always space for a second chance, maybe you can't give it to me and maybe our relationship is truly over, but I just want you to know that I'll always love you, even if you date someone else, you will always be my number 1,

I know it was hard for you but you need to know that it was hard for me too. Our breakup got me so messed up, it got me crazy. It took a while till I realised that I needed to live in the real world and accept the fact that it's truly done and dusted."

I look down onto my laps and heave a long sigh.

"It's been 3 months now, it is truly done and dusted but I want you to know that whatever you choose, whatever you do, I'll always love you no matter what" I look up and turn my head to her, ending my explanation.

"That's all I wanted to say. All I want for you is to be happy. Please, please don't fail me" I said, standing up, walking away.

There was a good amount of distance between us now.

I will always love you, Lee JaeEun. Goodbye my love.

-

AUTHORS NOTE

I feel so bad that I left you guys like this, but do you think they'll get back together? Haha, I feel so evil but there will be a new chapter soon! Stay tuned

Idolfiction