An Old Friend: Chapter I

The time has come, he thought. Just like the past times, his next mission was not late to arrive, since he just completed one about a few hours ago. Well, since there was no such thing as time for a Counter Guardian, those calculations were in use of living realm. 

 "What is it now?" He asked to the abyss. Then, he added, "I see...". He was supposed to return in time once again, in order to undo a time altering which must not be happened. He never talked to someone to recieve his mission, the information about everything would just flash in his mind, just in a second. Yet, information The Counter Guardians have was never enough, this was a fact. He didn't know what his enemies would be, but he surely had to fight seriously. Otherwise any second might meant his death, or his failure. Well, I am not sure if this would be called death since I do not live, though. End would be more suited, I daresay.

 As the gate began to open, he stood up and began to walk through it, leaving his grave once again. Before entering the gate, his bow already appeared in his hand, it surely would be needed. As he took another step, he already was at another place. A place dark enough to blind a person to see what is near, yet it was lightened by the moon light. As the sound of waves lead, he should be at somewhere like a coast. He was looking at the depths of the place, the forest, but as he turned around, he was to see the beautiful sight of fullmoon and its reflection by the sea, or ocean. What might have happened here, he wondered. No, he thought, it's not the place I am supposed to be at. I should go to somewhere near, yet not that close. 

 While he was lost among his thoughts, he sensed a great amount of spiritual energy at once. It was coming from the depths of place, an island, possibly. He had to start from a point, so he decided to go there. But, before that...

 He crouched and put his hand on the ground. Trace, on... As he closed his eyes, he was able to analyse every single speciality of the island he was on. As he predicted, he was on an island where no living organisms happened to be at. He learned the size of the island as well as what it incorporated, yet... Yet, there was an area where he could not see anything, where a great amount of spritual and magical energy could be sensed. So, his first destination was set. He stood up, with his bow vanishing and leaving its place to twin swords, before he began to walk through there.

He was always at alert for any possible threats that might show up during his walk, yet it might have been one of the most peaceful walks he ever had. As far as he could sense and trace, the source of the energy was near. As he kept walking, he was trying to understand where he could be at and what his objective could be. It surely was different from every other mission he had, since he was not sent to the place where the job was at. Might it be because of a greater power that didn't allow him to arrive near it? If so, he was completely blocked and the worst of it, he might be about to face an enemy stronger than ever. If they are able to do such thing, blocking The Counter Guardians, they might be anything... Maybe, even a hero from a myth or history? The thing is, possibilities were way too much to foresee, and he had already arrived to his destination so he had to look at what he found now. As he realized that, he raised his head up and got charmed by the sight of this beauty.

It was a lake, which was fed by a river up above, meeting the lake as a waterfall. Somehow, unlike the whole forest, it was all bright and there were transparent, flying blue silhouettes. They were going out from the back of the waterfall, and after having a spin, they were returning back there. As he could see, they were not able to abandon the edges of the lake, also, they were containing spritual energy within themselves. So, according to this, the great amount energy must have came from the source of these ghosts. But there was a certain barrier made by mage, this was beyond doubt. 

As he was lost in thoughts, he scarely could notice the certain death coming from behind. At the last second, he managed to avoid the rouge spear about to pierce his head with a quick twist of legs, and made a backflip afterwards to protect the distance. While doing so, his twin blades already took their places in his hands, yet he could not see the suspect. He was well aware, if his enemy had the advantage of place, it wouldn't be easy. Before he could think of another thing, another spear blow was to lance his chest unless he had parried the attack with his blades. He pushed the spear to see its owner, yet it was not helping. As he could understand from the silhouette, it was a woman. A woman with complete dark coloured clothes which allowed her to vanish within dark. Her red lance was reflecting the light to her eyes, which were resembling a pair of rubies. However, nonwithstanding to their beauty, those eyes were familiar with death. And they surely was thirsty of his life.

Before he could identify her, her lance made a move through him once again. As he countered it, they closed the distance between them and came face to face. She had a beautiful face which could trick any man that she was at the middle of her twenties, even though it had the authority of an adult, and she was wearing a veil of black which was prinked up by little rubbies. Her serious-looking face cracked a smile, as she pushed him.

"I hate my face to be seen." She said. Her voice was strong yet lady-like.

"Even though it is that beautiful?" Emiya joked, trying to deflect the heavy pressure within air. If he could do so, her style might become a bit, just a little bit, less agressive and deadly.

"You flatter me, boya." She replied, still remaining dead serious. "I hope your blades are as effective as your words." She took her position while saying so. There is no other choice, I guess...

"I won't stop you." He replied, as he, too, took his battle position.

"You better prove me your strength, O' warrior, otherwise your life shall be taken by my lance. Show your bravery to The Queen of The Land of Shadows, to Scathach!"