In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter I

The man in the white cloak was just standing at there, without moving an inch. Among the countless gravestones which had the shape of unlimited blades, he just stared blankly. After this short period of time which was a few minutes, he rolled his hand into a fist, and gritted his teeth. With anger, he grabbed the grip of the sword nearby, and pulled it off of the ground. As he did so, the weaponary surrounding him began to raise up to sky, and then they all got aimed at him, and after he pulled the second sword off, they all began to rain down at him. 

He either parried or dodged the blades approaching. For every blade he got lost as they broke down, he either pulled another one from the ground or projected the same one. While having this internal clash against his own weakness, he did not think of anything. No words were running through his mind as he fought, as he jumped, as he dashed. No words, no thoughts, nothing but one. He was cursing himself. He was cursing everthing. No, he did not even know what he was cursing. He just kept cursing out of anger and sadness came from being not able to save the ones he wanted to protect.

He made another flip in midair as he swang his sword, parrying a few of other ones while dodging a few as well. As he landed, he saw there was a giant weapon closing in, and he rushed towards it until he was just bellow it. As he reached there, he jumped and striked it again and again while spinning, as he climbed on it as if he was a chainsaw himself. After he reached the top, he projected a sword as massive as this one, and swang it towards it, breaking it to tiny pieces. After he landed among the countless blade ruins, he screamed the anger left in his heart, as he kneeled down. Then, he took a deep breath and stood up, to walk to a rock to sit on, while the ruins of the blades becoming blue mist of mana to take the shape of the swords they used to be again after this hours long clash, before the voice called out as he sat down. 

"Have your fury dissappeared now?" A mix of voices said. He sighed before talking. 

"Why did you help me back there, Alaya? I thought you must not affect the proccess directly." 

"It was like that, but things happened, and I just could not watch you suffer like that, Emiya-kyun." Alaya said with using only female voices, without a body. 

"Then why did you wait that much!?" He shouted out of anger again, standing up. "You could have told me even before they got killed! I could have saved them if you did so!"

"Heroic sprit Emiya," Alaya called out with the coldest voices he had ever heard. "Your own choices led you to your own actions, and those actions led you to your own mistakes and failure as well as the loss of the ones you have failed to protect." 

"Alaya!" Emiya gritted his teeth. 

"What is it, Heroic Sprit Emiya?" Alaya asked while shaltering the same voices. "I have never expected you to be such a foolish one to talk. Where did your old clever self who had talked reasonably go? Are you willing to blame an existance that does not exists at the same time for your own failure, the very being of mine?" Emiya opened his mouth to talk, but was left wordless, and his eyes got widened as he realized that. "Do you regret being the way you are, Guardian? Do you regret that you had done mistakes? Do you regret that you had decided uncorrectly? If you do so, may I acknowledge the very answer of yours as the fact that you regret being a human?" Once again, he could not say a word. "Are you a machine, Shirou Emiya? Do you think of yourself as capable of being doing anything flawlessly? Even such a powerful being like you may fail time by time, this is just how a human being is. You do mistakes in order to learn, you do fail in order to improve, you do fall in order to get up and keep going forward. As the very representation of the unconsciousness of humanity itself, I can understand it better than anyone, even though a part of mine fails to do so." Then, he felt a pair of arms hugging him from behind, as well as a body presureing his back.

"So, do not hate yourself that much, Shirou." This voice again. He heard this voice again and this time, he was not willing to lose his chance. But he was not able to move a finger, and was not able to speak. As his body began to dissappear, he managed to move his gaze a little. He saw the sleeves of the white shirt which belonged to the arms hugging him, and even managed to look behind, to see a little part of the blonde hair of the body Alaya using. And just before he got vanished, Alaya raised her head, since the body Alaya using was female it was not wrong to refer them as a female, and Emiya got to see her eyes, the forgotten beauty of those eyes. After he got vanished, the last thing he saw was the pair of those emrald eyes, on the face which had wore the sincere smile he used to see and he used to love. 

After the very scene got dissappeared before him, he had found himself at the middle of a forest. The trees were easily up to between 15-30 meters, and the sunshine was struggling to hit to the ground. Among all these green, he did nothing but standing, with a blank impression on his face. The air was clean and everytime he breathed, he surely felt a great pleasure, but that part was none of his concern at that moment. He was made remember a face he had forgotten a long time ago, and remembering it was as beautiful as how painful it was. That very smile caused him to remember what he has been through, and what he had to leave behind. He sighed as he wiped a single drop of tear from his eye.

"Now now," he began to talk. "you surely play dirty, Alaya." He projected his bow in his hand, and began to roam within this nameless forest.