The Countesse of Blood: Chapter II

That man with his dark skin and white hair was surely odd, for anyone who has seen him. Despite his appearence, he was just standing at the middle of the path for carriages, with a blank expression as his hand was reaching for something was not... there. He returned to the realm after one of the carriages was about to smack him to the ground, unless he managed to move out of the way.

Where am I? Archer thought, he was talking with Alaya just a second ago. Oh, I see. The next mission. Then he remembered the last words he had with Alaya, which caused his eyes to get saddened again, but it was not the time to think of such things. He had an orb to find, and possibily, a heroic sprit to defeat. This all was good and nice, but the fact that he had no idea where he was was not helping. As he could see from all those old shops, and carriages which were used as common for transportation, he couldn't be at a timeline after then 19th century. He finally could thought of turning back, to see the great manor standing before him. But the thing was from that part on.

A pair of a butler and maid came closer and opened the door, before welcoming him in after a mentioning that they were waiting for him. Even though Archer got confused, it was the correct move to get in to learn more of the era and country, since he knew he was not in Japan, like anytime. After they walked through the gigantic garden and entered the giant manor's building, he faced a pair of nobles, whom get bowed by everyone in the room, which was ten of maids and butlers. The man was in a suit of black and crimson, while the woman was in a dress of red as well. They both shared similar appearence, with their brown eyes and hair, although the man had a short beard.

"Welcome, sir, it surely is wonderful to see you here!" Man told him, as he offered his hand. Archer did not lose a moment to shake it. "But I must admit," man went on, "you surely have a great sense of fashion!" Archer did not understand first, then he realized the mirror which faced to him, and realising his own reflection as well. As he could see, he had a similar suit with this man, as his suit shared the colours of crimson and black as well. Also, out of nothing, he had glasses on his face, with his hair slipped back as usual. After his return, he surely was going to have a talk with Alaya.

"My sincerest thanks, my lord." Emiya told him as he bowed, even though he did not say the "my lord" part by himself. 

"No, no, it surely should be us who is thanking you!" The madame of the manor mentioned. "Since we are a bit... busy, with many of things to do, we were not able to pay attention to her. And since she is a bit harsh and stubborn, unfortunately none of our servants were able to reach her. I hope you shall be able to manage otherwise, mister..." madame told him, while asking of his name without words. 

"Archer. Please call me Archer, at your service." Archer said, bowing once again. 

"Archer?" They both laughed while covering their mouth with their hands. "It surely is an odd of a name to call someone, I pressume?"

"I have been told, quite a lot of times." Archer replied. Then, Madame ordered one of the maids to lead Archer to the mentioned girl's room. Once they reached there, maid was to go back, but Archer stopped her by holding her arm. 

"Wha- Do you have any wish from me, Mister Archer?" The maid said, who had straight and black hair with the eyes of amber, with her cheeks blushed. 

"I would like to ask you a question." Woman's face blushed more and more, but she managed to nod. "What time is it now?" 

"I-it is 12:30, sir, we shall be preparing the lunch for 13:00 o'clock." 

"If so," Archer put his hand on her shoulder, which caused her to produce steam from her face and ears. "please allow me to cook her meal." 

After he was taken to the kitchen, and met all the chefs and maids cooking, he wanted a quiet place for himself to work. He had some problems since he did not know the kitchen and the places of materials well, but this problem got solved with the help of the maid he had talked before. While cooking, they had a little chit-chat between, and Archer really liked the company of this girl named Liliana. Archer was calling her Lily in short, which she seemed as if she liked it. Her company somewhat felt nostalgic, since Archer had a feeling that it was not that different from all those years back then, with the company of his childhood friend and his novice as a cook. Although it saddened him, he managed to protect the smile on his face.

When it was nearly one o' clock, Archer finished the presentation of the lunch for the woman who had been mentioned, and along with Liliana, he went to her room with a catering table. 

"I offer my sincerest thanks to you, Lily." Archer told her, with a sincere smile. "I might be a bit of a bother, but please help me again." Lily, who had blushed so much that it was surely a challenge to distinguish her from a tomato, answered him without knowing what to do with her hands, which resulted them to being shaked to the various directions. 

"O-O-Of course, I shall help you any time you want! So please feel free to call my name, you can call my name more oftenly!" Then, within her embarrassment, she left his side. Emiya took a deep breath before knocking the door, asking for permission. 

"Who are you?" A cold, femine voice called out. After Emiya mentioned that he was the man in her care, she laughed a little. Yet, as he could understand, this dry laugh was far afar from joy. "Go back." She ordered, after her laugh. "I do not want to meet anyone." 

"But milady, it is your meal time. Please allow me to enter to serve you with your lunch, you have no obligation to talk to me, after all. This can be just a quiet meal, as you wish." After several seconds of silence, Emiya got his allowance. As he entered, he saw that the room was completely tidied up, unexpectedly. Emiya looked at the girl who was sitting on her table, with her long and straight, purple hair with the pair of eyes which were staring at him with the gaze of blue, with a body in a black dress. Emiya quietly put her meal on her table, and lift the metal cover on it. As the beautiful smell whet her appetite, the little girl looked at them with shock, since she did not know any of these foods before her even though she was a noble. Then, she realized her own situation, she quickly shaked her head and took a piece from one of the foods, just to get even more affected by their beuty. Her cheeks blushed as she took a second piece, then third, forth, fifth... And even before she could realise, she had finished her whole lunch. After she cleaned her mouth with a towel, and turned her gaze to the new butler who was smiling at her, with his eyes closed. 

"Hey," she called out, while he was to clear away the dishes left behind, and caused him to look at her with a questioning, yet a sincere smile. "Your name." Archer's expression turned into a confused one. "I am asking you what your name is!" The girl yelled out of anger, and Archer quickly answered by telling his name. 

"If this shall not be thought of rudeness of mine," Archer began to talk. "may I ask milady her name as well?" But Archer would pray not to hear that name, even though he was about to learn that. 

"My name is Bathory." She said, while Archer's eyes began to go wider of realizitation. "Elizabeth Bathory."